Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: External hard drive query

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hi, I have 2 Toshiba external SSD hard drives that I use for my music library. Hard drive #1 is E: drive, Hard drive #2, is G: drive.
Hard drive #1, is my main drive I use for VDJ. Hard drive #2, is my back up. So every so often I copy the contents of Hard drive #1 to Hard drive #2.
Now that I need to use my back up drive I find it appears that VDJ is possibly seeing it as a different library to the other hard drive? I'm not sure if that's the case? But this is what I am seeing: The back up Hard drive is showing in the VDJ local folder list as G: drive. Most of my favorite folders are missing. About half of the songs in playlists are shown as missing. ( this may be due to some changes I made last night on the main drive, just altering beat grids ). Virtual folders seem to have the files doubled up.

I will add something else here. I am using the drive letters automatically assigned to the drives. Which I am thinking is a problem, because my laptop has assigned my main drive E: whereas my desktop has assigned the same drive G: because that is the first available letter. And I think there must have been conflict one day when I was swapping the drive back and forth between computers. Now the desktop does not recognize the drive at all, only in device manager. So I am trying to fix this now. I wonder if I should have manually assigned drive letters that could have remained the same on both computers, like drive V: perhaps?

So I am wanting to know how to be manage using 2 identical external hard drives in this way? I understand they cant have the same drive letter, because when they are both plugged in to the same computer to copy the files across would cause conflict? I just want to be able to at a moments notice be able to hot swap the drives and carry on seamlessly with VDJ.

How can I resolve all the above issues? Can I somehow change the drive letter of both external hard drives and then have VDJ reset the data base accordingly with out losing any POI's or other info. If this is possible please let me know how to do it.

Thanks.

Mensajes Fri 18 Oct 19 @ 11:58 pm
Dj-RFTDPRO InfinityMember since 2018
RTFM !!!! Every drive has it's own database .... you must copy the tracks-files-folders etc. Inside VDJ to keep all the info-bpm-stars-poi etc. to the back up drive .... so simple ....

Mensajes Sat 19 Oct 19 @ 2:49 pm
Dj-RFTD wrote :
RTFM !!!! Every drive has it's own database .... you must copy the tracks-files-folders etc. Inside VDJ to keep all the info-bpm-stars-poi etc. to the back up drive .... so simple ....

May be simple if you know about it. There's nothing in the manual about this sort of thing. I was unaware that you could copy the contents of one drive to another within VDJ. But now that I have been told that I can, I will have a crack at it. Hope all goes well.
Thanks for the info.

Mensajes Sun 20 Oct 19 @ 1:04 am
Thanks Dj-RFTD,
I have done it successfully.
It really is easy once you know how.

Cheers,
Ken.

Mensajes Sun 20 Oct 19 @ 7:07 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)