Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: DDJ 400 - VDJ license

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Cronker1ControlleristMember since 2019
Hello kindly folk.
I’m looking to buy the DDJ400 but don’t like rekordbox and want to use it with VDJ. All my research suggests I will need a VDJ license, which I am happy to purchase. My question is: if I buy a lifetime license, will that always remain valid even when upgrading to newer versions of VDJ? It’s a fairly expensive outlay in Australia and I don’t want to get stung if the license expires with a new version.
Thanks

Mensajes Sun 08 Mar 20 @ 12:35 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
A pro licence is a one time purchase. Updates have been free since day one.
A controller licence [homePlus] is a cheaper option[in the short term], but it's tied to one controller so it's no good if you get a new controller or aux controller [like a launchpad or something like that]

Mensajes Sun 08 Mar 20 @ 12:58 am
Thank you for your helpful reply. The way I read this is that I would need to buy a new license if I bought a new controller down the track? I’m thinking that a one-off expensive outlay for everything might save me from having to stress about it all in the future? Would that be correct?

Mensajes Sun 08 Mar 20 @ 1:03 am
You see, my father always taught me:
Buy the best, once.

Mensajes Sun 08 Mar 20 @ 1:11 am
And I know that the DDJ400 isn’t the best, but it’s able to do everything I need. I don’t scratch or need four decks etc.
I’m just happy with VDJ and don’t like rekordbox or serato

Mensajes Sun 08 Mar 20 @ 1:21 am
Correct, a full licence is the best option long term, it's forever, it will work with almost anything that works on midi [or HID] [just check before you go out for a new controller, but that will be years off since you just got the 400]

A home plus licence is, as you suspect, a short term compromise.

Mensajes Sun 08 Mar 20 @ 1:27 am
I really appreciate your reply and informative response. I just bought a t-shirt too! I’ve been a fan of VDJ for ages and never knew about this forum! When I started, we were even trying to mix off cassettes. I’m old, okay?

Mensajes Sun 08 Mar 20 @ 1:37 am
Cassettes, fancy, we only had wax cylinders and a foot pedal. XD

The forum is the best place for information, first place for news, and a hive of sharing ideas.
Take a look around, there's likely some good stuff to learn.

Mensajes Sun 08 Mar 20 @ 2:24 am
Boa tarde, gostaria de saber se se comprar a licença Home Plus para ddj 400 eu posso instalar em dois computadores diferentes com a mesma controladora ddj-400 ou somente em um computador?

Mensajes Fri 18 Dec 20 @ 8:34 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)