Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: change order of sampler banks

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

vdjteamPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Help! How can I change the order of the sampler bank listing? If I can sort the samplers but I can't find a way to sort the list of sampler banks. Somebody help me please! Thank you

Mensajes Tue 10 Mar 20 @ 9:45 am
+1
I would like to know that too ;-)

Mensajes Tue 10 Mar 20 @ 4:32 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
banks are cycled in order of creation, so if you want to reorder you'll need to rewrite.
A bit weird it does that to be honest,

Mensajes Tue 10 Mar 20 @ 4:58 pm
yeah exactly, not wanting to hijack the post ... but,
It would be really cool if I could assign my samples into the order that I want on my launchpad,
and then have it on screen like in the orange juice skin(split panel, I think).
But I can't find a way of doing it, Vdj seems to automatically assign the samples so they just look pretty ;-)
@op
is that what you want to do as well?
regards
Ray

Mensajes Tue 10 Mar 20 @ 7:32 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
hi ray have you tried sampler options pad layout 8 columns, i think thats what you mean,
i think op is actually talking about cycling through banks in order

Mensajes Tue 10 Mar 20 @ 7:58 pm
They are ordered alphabetically currently..
So you could always "force" an order if you for example prefix with number.. . "01 - My First Bank", "02 - My Second bank" ... etc
If you mean the drop down menu in sideview sampler...

For the browser folder view, you can just drag and drop to reorder, and the order is saved to order file in /documents/virtualdj/sampler (can also edit this file directly if you prefer) In future, perhaps the drop down could/should also order according to this order file (but currently its alphabetically)

Mensajes Tue 10 Mar 20 @ 8:28 pm
thanks for the answers gentlemen, I'll go and try some of that out.
sorry again if I hijacked the thread,
regards
ray

Mensajes Wed 11 Mar 20 @ 6:02 pm
raypitman wrote :

It would be really cool if I could assign my samples into the order that I want on my launchpad,

Not sure I understood completely, but you can easily order samples (within the bank) as you want, by drag and drop them to the order you prefer...

Mensajes Wed 11 Mar 20 @ 6:24 pm
got it, yeah that's what I wanted. Still playing around with it.
God it seems like a stupid question now ;-) but it was the thing about choosing how many columns that did it.
cool

Mensajes Wed 11 Mar 20 @ 8:08 pm
raypitman wrote :
was the thing about choosing how many columns that did it.

Thats just visually for the sideview, how it looks there when in "pads" view mode ;-)

Mensajes Wed 11 Mar 20 @ 8:23 pm
Rune (dj-in-norway) wrote :
They are ordered alphabetically currently..
So you could always "force" an order if you for example prefix with number.. . "01 - My First Bank", "02 - My Second bank" ... etc
If you mean the drop down menu in sideview sampler...

For the browser folder view, you can just drag and drop to reorder, and the order is saved to order file in /documents/virtualdj/sampler (can also edit this file directly if you prefer) In future, perhaps the drop down could/should also order according to this order file (but currently its alphabetically)

Hello, my banks are not organized alphabetically. Try renaming the samplers with a prefix. 01 - xxx, 02 - xxx, but does not order it numerically or alphabetically.

Mensajes Wed 18 Mar 20 @ 5:13 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Alphabetical (by default) and manual order of Sampler Banks will be available in next update

Mensajes Wed 18 Mar 20 @ 12:00 pm
djdad wrote :
Alphabetical (by default) and manual order of Sampler Banks will be available in next update

oh ok Thankyou!!

Mensajes Thu 19 Mar 20 @ 4:59 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)