Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Tema: Ask the DJ features

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
Since streaming is the new normal due to the Pandemic happening, it has been a lot easier to get my audience using Ask the DJ. I seem to be getting my sets hijacked with requests from a few sources. I have personally talked to these sources and now they have decided to put their name on a "reasonable" amount of requests and then send the rest through as anonymous. Thank God & the developers that anonymous gave us a unique ID at the end! I could never have figured it out without that & the Live chat when these people reveal themselves when their request plays.

But that ID got me thinking. Is there/could there be a way to limit the number of requests that a user/browser/unique ID could submit per hour or night? It would just help DJs slow the influx of requests from the tech savvy and making a difficult mess for DJs to follow when we are trying to concentrate on the mix.

Also, I would love a way to save & export the list of requests. As it is now, when I close the software, the list is gone. Sometimes I can't get to all the requests and would love to be able to go back to those songs and see if they are worth getting. Now that it is not on paper that I take home, I definitely miss the ability to do this.

I get that I have an ethics problem here. But with a little added control, we could make this feature more reasonable for live use when we don't have a chat with user names that helps reveal this type of situation.

Mensajes Sat 09 May 20 @ 11:09 am
i'm on the fence on this one. limits can be nice when someone is overwhelmed by requests but when i'm spammng Dan Batchelor's askthedj inbox with requests or Albatross then it would work against me

Mensajes Mon 11 May 20 @ 7:16 pm
Lol, when do you go on then?

Mensajes Tue 12 May 20 @ 11:56 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
id should be a field in it's own right, nothing stopping punters changing name to send their 9 hours of requests.
Are you mac or windows machine Don?

Mensajes Wed 13 May 20 @ 12:06 am
DHoude wrote :
Also, I would love a way to save & export the list of requests.

Been possible since day 1
before you close down go to ASK folder >> Export Browser View

Mensajes Wed 13 May 20 @ 4:35 am
Sorry I missed this. I am on PC.

As far as export, I don't think I see what you are seeing.

Mensajes Mon 25 May 20 @ 2:00 am
Because you're looking in the wrong place :)
Export browser view as in the small dot bottom left

Mensajes Mon 25 May 20 @ 7:17 am
Ah, thank you. Didn't even know about that down there. I thought I had to click on the folder, now I see you meant to just load it's view.

Thank you my friend.

Mensajes Thu 28 May 20 @ 12:27 am
Is there a way to make the unique id show even if they submit their name with the request?

Mensajes Thu 28 May 20 @ 1:34 pm
I don't think so. I think that is why Locodog was hinting that the ID field should also be a field too.

Mensajes Thu 04 Jun 20 @ 11:51 pm
I have not paid much attention to Ask.The.DJ as it was not something I would use under normal circumstances, but now, it could be a life saver at gigs.

I like the idea of uploading a request list limiting users selection to that list. I have uploaded 200 or so selections, is there a limit to the size of the list?

As you can reply to the specific user that placed the request there is obviously a unique identifier involved.

Trying to think like a rebellious teenager with an evil streak :-) The only way I can see that they could send abuse to the DJ is with the name field. I can imagine rude messages could be sent to the DJ..... and repeated all night if they particularly want to be a nuisance. This could clog up the browser display and just generally be a PITA. Also, "Janet from Accounts" with her 100s of requests lol.

I would like a button to be able to block an individual user, I think it would be a useful addition.

Mensajes Tue 09 Jun 20 @ 10:35 am
Please add the ability to send SMS replies when integrating with Twilio. It would be great to be able to reply via text to the people who sent in requests. Common replies might be "I don't have that song", "The bride asked me not to play that one", or "Thanks, I'll get it in soon." An even better feature would be the ability to send a mass text at the end of the event to everyone who texted in a request. I'd love to thank them for coming and give them my website address - a great marketing tool.

Mensajes Thu 02 Jul 20 @ 5:00 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)