Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Tema: VDJ 2021 - Stems - Page: 1

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Maybe it would be a good idea to make it possible to additionally analyze ALL tracks (complete library) for STEMS use. Just like now it's possible to analyze all (selected) tracks for BPM etc.
Now, with the new 2021 version, every time you load a song, it takes some time (and CPU usage = risk of possible glitches) when using the STEMS feature (EZRemix).
Because every time the file has to be analyzed to locate the different parts of the song (analyze the frequency of the voice, beat, instruments so they can be isolated), it takes calculation time (and thereby CPU) to do so every time you load a song. This can be a pain-in-the-a... when performing.
Making one of the big advances of VDJ (stability, reliability) wobbly. Especially on less powerful systems.
If it is possible to analyze (scan frequenties) a bulk of songs in advance and create a meta data file, containing the info, this would mean you can select an amount of songs and analyze them for STEMS purposes over night. Just like it's recommended to analyze songs for beat grid in advance/when preparing.
Once all current songs are analyzed only for STEMS purposes (leaving the already analyzed BPM etc untouched) , when loading a new song it let's you choose to analyze (adjustable in settings) for BPM etc (like it does already) AND let it analyze for STEMS purposes to.
Therefore you're not putting a burden on your system each time you load a song (which has to be analyzed for STEMS every time).

Mensajes Fri 19 Jun 20 @ 2:30 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Doing that would mean using +500% harddrive space

Mensajes Fri 19 Jun 20 @ 2:53 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
these are 5 live filters, possibly using GPU, impact is not really as important as a simple video effect

Mensajes Fri 19 Jun 20 @ 3:03 pm
OK, bad idea, my mistake :-)

Mensajes Fri 19 Jun 20 @ 5:04 pm

Mensajes Tue 23 Jun 20 @ 3:57 pm
swavkavPRO (OEM)Member since 2010
Will stems be made available for pro 8?

Mensajes Thu 25 Jun 20 @ 9:37 pm
No, only available in VDJ 2021.

Mensajes Thu 25 Jun 20 @ 9:44 pm
xylumePRO InfinityMember since 2015
Stems - How about the ability to click on the deck FX layout and toggle between all FX layouts and include a Stem layout. That would enable us to use sliders to control three of the parameters (Vocal, Instrument, Beat or Hi-Hat, Mel Vox, Kick), and with a button to be able to control all 5 parameters (3 on one view and the other 2 at a press of a button) for the Full 5 mashup controls.

Another option would be under USER where you could toggle Custom Buttons, Hotcues, Hotcutes 5-8, Saved Loops, TimeCode & Line-In, Stems could be added there. Then you could have up to 4 sliders at a time, when another page indicated by a little up/down arrow to see the 5th slider.

Honestly, I think it's fine the way it is, but just an after-thought to get the creative juices flowing. I suppose the VDJ remote could incorporate Stem Sliders instead?

Mensajes Fri 26 Jun 20 @ 12:38 am
It's already possible to control stems via FX and via pads.

Mensajes Fri 26 Jun 20 @ 6:28 am
I would like some sort of indicator that shows that a song has stems already pre-calculated. A marking of some sort in the Browser would be awesome.

Thanks

Mensajes Fri 26 Jun 20 @ 10:38 pm
That's a good idea. I'll vote for that!

Mensajes Fri 26 Jun 20 @ 10:48 pm
kwaataHome userMember since 2017
Can someone please explain this to me?

I downloaded the Vdj 2021 from their main site download menu.
I installed it and everything seem to work well but this stem pad (vocal, Instrument, beat, etc) feature doesn't work on mine laptop. It doesn't bring down the drop menu arrow to choose from. I am talking about the arrow closer to the knobs that control hi,mid,low.
I don't have any hardware dj controller anyway.
Thanks

Mensajes Sun 28 Jun 20 @ 5:31 pm
From your description I would conclude that you have installed VDJ 2020, not VDJ 2021.

Is your computer 32 bit? Are you running Windows 7 or 8?

Mensajes Sun 28 Jun 20 @ 5:53 pm
2021 required Windows 10 64bit. It will not work on anything less than that.

Mensajes Sun 28 Jun 20 @ 6:05 pm
kwaataHome userMember since 2017
Oh ok, I use win 8.
Then I would upgrade my windows to win 10.
Can I have the link to Vdj 2021

Mensajes Sun 28 Jun 20 @ 10:24 pm

Mensajes Sun 28 Jun 20 @ 10:38 pm
I think it needs to be said again...

Atomix needs to make it much clearer on the main product page and on the download page (everywhere really) that:

1) There are two versions. The 32 bit version is 2020 & 64 bit is 2021
2) The stems feature is only available in 2021 (the 64 bit version).
3) The 64 bit version (2021) only runs on Windows 10 (64 bit).

Currently it's not clear at all. The main page advertises "REAL-TIME TRACK SEPARATION" but there's no mention of it being in the 64 bit version only, or that the 32 bit version is called VDJ 2020.

Even the requirements at the bottom of the page don't mention the difference.

It should be obvious from the posts here that customers are confused.

Mensajes Mon 29 Jun 20 @ 7:14 am
Hi right now I'm a novice. Vdj 2021 loads up the stems but as soon as I load a track it switches back to basic frequency. What am I doing wrong. I'm using the free version right now🙏

Mensajes Sat 18 Jul 20 @ 7:55 pm
What do you mean by "loads up the stems"?

The stems analysis happens when you load a track, not before (unless you select 'precompute stems' in the browser).

Mensajes Sat 18 Jul 20 @ 8:13 pm
Whether I load a track 1st or use the start up index for frequencies it always switches back to basic frequency. I'm running 64 bit win 10

Mensajes Sat 18 Jul 20 @ 8:19 pm
80%