Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: My mixer always disconnects

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hello,
I am extremely disappointed not to get a solution…

Seventy-Two always disconnects from VDJ. I cannot do any live on VirtualDJ Radio with (I use another controller). For my other Lives, I use Serato. But I'm a little tired of doing everything in duplicate. What do I do ? I give up the Happy Wednesday Show or I throw my mixer in the trash? (Joke) Lol! I tried a lot of things including changing my USB cables, new installation of VDJ, etc.

MacBook Pro (16'' — 2019)
Mac OS Catalina version 10.15.5 (19F101)
Processor 2,3 GHz Intel Core i9 8 cœurs
Memory 16 Go 2667 MHz DDR4
Graphic Card #1 Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 Mo
Graphic Card #2 AMD Radeon Pro 5500M

Virtual Dj 2021 — v8.5 b5949 --> VDJ crashed with all other versions. <--

Rane Twelve (2x)
Rane Seventy Two with the last Firmware (1.3.2.113)

Thanks,

Justin

Mensajes Wed 24 Jun 20 @ 3:16 pm
Hi,

I still cannot use my Dj gear...

There is disconnection at each of my sessions. Disconnection occurs earlier when I prepare my music. Like for example, when I drop one song after another on the same deck. I also noticed that my memory drops below 50MB / 16GB. Please note that I use 100% music videos. The format of the videos is mp4 and they are optimized for Dj's.

I have no problem when using my Seventy-Two/Twelves with Serato.

I have no problem when I connect a DDJ-1000 SRT. As I sold this controller, I can no longer play on the radio because I have the obligation to use VDJ. I find this situation very frustrating.

I know this problem is not easy to solve and I am not blaming you at all.

Have a good week,

Justin

Mensajes Mon 06 Jul 20 @ 12:51 pm
Is it only the mixer that disconnects? What type of disconnection (how do you know it's happened)? Just audio? MIDI control? Both?

When this happens, do you always have both Twelves and the mixer connected? Have you tried with just the mixer?

Mensajes Mon 06 Jul 20 @ 1:19 pm
groovindj wrote :
Is it only the mixer that disconnects?

What type of disconnection (how do you know it's happened)?

Just audio? MIDI control? Both?

When this happens, do you always have both Twelves and the mixer connected? YES!

Have you tried with just the mixer? YES! All OK!

Hi and thank you for your help,

- The LED lights return to unconnected mode. The screen of the Seventy-Two also returns in mode not connected to software.
- I can continue to scratch with the turntables but only with the songs which are already loaded on the turntables.
- The software does not notify me immediately that the mixer is disconnected. Only after 1 to 2 minutes. Then, a notification warns me that Seventy-Two is disconnected. Then, a notification warns me that the Twelves are disconnected.
- Then, a notification warns me that the mixer has been detected. Then, a notification warns me that the Twelves have been detected. Notifications will loop until the mixer restarts on its own.
- I still have to restart the software to get everything back to normal.

-

Mensajes Mon 06 Jul 20 @ 2:02 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
How exactly are the 3 devices connected to your computer ? Using some hub or the Twelves connected at the rear of Seventy Two and the mixer directly to a USB port of your computer ?
We will try to reproduce here as well.

Mensajes Mon 06 Jul 20 @ 2:25 pm
djdad wrote :
How exactly are the 3 devices connected to your computer ? Using some hub or the Twelves connected at the rear of Seventy Two and the mixer directly to a USB port of your computer ?

Hi and thank you,

Twelves connected at the rear of Seventy-Two and Mixer directly to a USB port of my Macbook through USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter with nothing else connected in this adapter.

Disconnection is most often done when I load several songs on the decks one after the other. Please note that all my files are already analyzed.

Mensajes Mon 06 Jul 20 @ 2:47 pm
HappyGusto wrote :
djdad wrote :

Hi and thank you,

Twelves connected at the rear of Seventy-Two and Mixer directly to a USB port of my Macbook through USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter with nothing else connected in this adapter.

Disconnection is most often done when I load several songs on the decks one after the other. Please note that all my files are already analyzed. If not, disconnection is done after 30 to 45 minutes of normal Dj set. Always.

Mensajes Mon 06 Jul 20 @ 2:50 pm
Hi,

Yesterday morning, I updated VDJ. I then did some tests. I put songs on the decks one after another. After doing this for around 15 songs, my memory was full and I had to manually release it with Clean My Mac X software. I know that my mixer would have disconnected if I had not done so. I notice that if I mix normally by playing the songs at least 2 minutes before placing another, my memory does not fill up as quickly. I also noticed that the sound quality was not like before. When I scratch a song, it's like my files are 60 or 128 kbs. The master tempo is not as good (VDJ 2020).

So ...

Last night I played for three hours live on the radio. VDJ did not crash but I ended my session with 768 MB of available memory. 15 to 20 minutes more and I'm pretty sure my mixer would have disconnected.

Is Catalina's memory management the problem?

Mensajes Thu 09 Jul 20 @ 11:35 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Did you use activity monitor to check what was using the memory and how much? If it was virtualdj, did you see it increasing over time?

A third party program such as mac cleaner cannot free memory that is in use by an application except by closing that program entirely so I would not recommend using that.

Did you actually have virtualdj close or your controller disconnect after prolonged use?

The stems feature of virtualdj 2021 will indeed use more memory, but it should not significantly increase over time.
Id you have a computer with very little memory and run many programs in the background this might be a problem. If it does become a problem you can disable the use of stems by setting the mathengine setting to disabled

Mensajes Thu 09 Jul 20 @ 12:31 pm
Hi and thank you for your help,

Adion wrote :
Did you use activity monitor to check what was using the memory and how much? Yes If it was virtualdj, did you see it increasing over time? No... Never more than 2,3 go

A third party program such as mac cleaner cannot free memory that is in use by an application except by closing that program entirely so I would not recommend using that.Yes I know, I closed VirtualDJ before freeing up the RAM. What I can't actually do during a live session.

Did you actually have virtualdj close No or your controller Yes disconnect after prolonged use?

The stems feature of virtualdj 2021 will indeed use more memory, but it should not significantly increase over time.
Id you have a computer with very little memory and run many programs in the background this might be a problem.But why does this problem only occur with my Seventy-Two. I had no hardware disconnection problem with my DDJ-1000SRT. If it does become a problem you can disable the use of stems by setting the mathengine setting to disabled. It's already done.

---> I have all just updated (see image below). Surely that should solve the audio quality problem. :)))

Mensajes Thu 09 Jul 20 @ 4:48 pm
i used to have VDJ crash when i broacast live on radio with STEMS on .
problem solved when i disable Mathengine.
My computer seems not to be able managing STEMS and broadcasting together

Mensajes Wed 02 Sep 20 @ 11:02 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)