Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: Fuzzy Microphone Recording

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

baz727PRO InfinityMember since 2013
Hi, I'm using VDJ with a Denon MC6000 MK2 Controller. When recording files I get a slight fuzzyness when activating the mic on the master on VDJ. It affects the music as well. It is a minor issue & I have lived with it for sometime. I do a weekly podcast & no one else notices it - but I can hear it when I activate the button towards the end of the track ! I have tried it on 2 microphones - both Shure PG58's. Any ideas ?

Mensajes Mon 06 Jul 20 @ 9:55 am
.....and your audio config in VDJ is?

Mensajes Mon 06 Jul 20 @ 9:59 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
And is this something it happens only when you record ?
You get this sound on both the recording file and the master Output (speakers) ?

Mensajes Mon 06 Jul 20 @ 10:56 am
Hi,
Thanks for the response.
The Audio Setting is Denon DJ ASIO & this only happens when recording - the mic would not normally be running through VDJ - only when recording.

Mensajes Mon 06 Jul 20 @ 4:04 pm
baz727 wrote :

The Audio Setting is Denon DJ ASIO

Not enough info. I know there's an ASIO driver, but how do you have the audio settings configured?

Should be like so:

Mensajes Mon 06 Jul 20 @ 4:20 pm
Thanks Groovin,
I used that set up & the "fuzzyness" has gone ! To be replaced by an echo on the mic !

Mensajes Mon 06 Jul 20 @ 9:04 pm
You still haven't said how you had the audio configured! Never mind, must've been wrong I guess.

Do you really mean echo (check the buttons on your hardware) or is it latency? What's your latency set to?

Mensajes Mon 06 Jul 20 @ 9:22 pm
Hi,

I was using all your settings as per your post.

The latency was set to 256. But I have reduced it to 160 & it is significantly better. Is there an optimal buffer setting or is it trial and error ?

Mensajes Mon 06 Jul 20 @ 10:58 pm
I meant the settings you were using - when it was fuzzy...

The buufer should be adjusted to suit individual setups. There's no default.

Details are in the Denon manual.

Mensajes Tue 07 Jul 20 @ 8:17 am
My original setting when I had the fuzziness issue was the "mic" was on "In 1&2" & I did not have "record" set up.

I have further reduced the buffer to 112 & the echo / latency issue has almost gone.

Thanks for your help

Mensajes Tue 07 Jul 20 @ 9:16 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)