Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Music discussion

Tema: Best Practices for STEMS MIXING

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hello all,

Haven't been around vDJ for a while, but STEMS mixing seems interesting atm. Wondering what best practices people are willing to share in terms of techniques to get the most out of the art of STEM mixing.

One challenge I notice right off the bat is the latency that happens using STEMS via Performance Pads, where for example we seem to be back to anticipating if trying to bring a kick in on beat. Is there a good technique to combat this or is this a function of the computer speed?

What about tips to avoid un-natural sounding phasing sounds from bad combinations of certain STEMS being active? Seems like a lot to conquer...

Mensajes Tue 01 Sep 20 @ 2:48 pm
Stems are brilliant. I got my first warning for slamming a remix on YouTube and watching it go. I mapped the stems to a novation dicer and then made red for right deck and left for green . It works flawless. I also have been making samples and making sun pages of saves stem samples. Its like totally changed the way I spin. I also know you can map the crap out of these . cheapest way is to buy something like a cmd dv1 used on ebay and then map it! if you get stuck I'm here doing mapping and cut mixing if you need help.

Mensajes Thu 24 Dec 20 @ 8:08 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)