Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: strange pricing

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

HeltinoPRO InfinityMember since 2020
Hi,

I´m close to decide to buy an Infinity Pro license (one time purchase).
What seems to me VERY strange is the fact, that the pricing seems to be different in Germany (here I´m located) as in the other world.
299.-$ = (exchange rate of today 1:0,858) 256,61Euro

But if I click on buy it shows me 309.-Euro? Even under ignoration of the different values of the currencies the price is higher?

What is the reason for this?

Mensajes Tue 29 Sep 20 @ 2:49 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
VAT

Mensajes Tue 29 Sep 20 @ 2:55 pm
No, shown is:

Total: 309,00 €
Includes VAT 42,62 € (16 %).

Normal VAT in Germany is 19%, it is temp. until end of 2020 down to 16% due to corona.

But ether with 16 or 19% 309.-EURo (vs. 299 DOLLARS) is not correct.
299 Dollars = 256.-Euro

let´s play:

We imagine:
299 Dollars net
- > 16% VAT = 299*1,16 = 346,84Dollars. changed to Euro = 297,58Euro
- > 19% VAT = 299*1,19= 355,81DOllars changed to Euro = 305,28Euro

Whatever you may do with VAT now....will not reach 309.-Euro.

Mensajes Tue 29 Sep 20 @ 3:03 pm
The difference is about 4%, probably the currency exchange fee.
If your bank offers you a better exchange rate you can still change the currency to US dollars. You should check this for your bank though, as it will depend on the bank if they actually offer a better rate or not.

Mensajes Tue 29 Sep 20 @ 4:02 pm
That could be a valid explanation...COULD....as:
regardless wich payment method I choose....same price. (what is strange as well as Paypal f.e. should charge a fee to Atomix or me...)
What ends up on my credit card bill is another story....if they charge me in Euro (what seems to be the case, why should they show me a Euro pricing) the fee is nothing.
If they charge me in US-Dollars the fee is 1,5% for a non-Euro currency...

I´m not fighting for 5Euro here...I just like to understand the reason and if anybody else has experienced the same stuff.

Mensajes Tue 29 Sep 20 @ 4:24 pm
Sorry, with our previous payment provider it was possible to change the currency independent of the country, and you could choose to be charged in usd directly, but it appears our current provider (fastspring) doesn't offer this option, and they do have a 3.5% conversion fee.

Mensajes Tue 29 Sep 20 @ 4:53 pm
I like to update this topic.
Next to this topic I´ve contacted the support as well and asked for a clarification.

As Adion mentioned: The difference can be explained due to some conversion fees of the payment processor.
I was just confused as the fact that the pricing is net (without VAT) is mentioned very small and I missed that.
On top I was unable to explain the shown pricing due to the above mentioned and unknown conversion fee of the payment company.

My conclusion is simple:

a) Atomix is not cheating customers as the pricing difference is with this knowledge clear and explainable
b) Atomix is not to stupid to calculate VAT :)
c) I´ve experienced, even as a so far not paying guest, an outstanding support. Answers was given within less than one hour! And further questions was as well immediately replied.

As result: You can welcome a new paying customer!

Mensajes Wed 30 Sep 20 @ 9:22 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)