Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Virtual DJ my library

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

fonesyHome userMember since 2013
Hello I am new to virtual dj 8.5. I apologize if this has been asked before but I am unable to find the answer I'm looking for.

Basically I have lots of music stored on my laptop using itunes, but I am only interested in mixing house music. Is there anyway I could perhaps create a playlist full of house tracks and alter the settings so virtual dj only ever searches through that playlist when searching through my library, artists, year etc. Or perhaps there is a setting so VDJ does not search through files on my computer, instead only files I add to VDJ?

Also none of my itunes playlist exist in VDJ when searching and I cannot drag and drop tracks from itunes to VDJ, anyway to fix this?

Any help is appreciated thank you.

Mensajes Wed 30 Sep 20 @ 8:28 pm
VDJ does only search tracks that you add to the database. That's the standard way it operates.

On the other hand, assuming your tracks are correctly tagged, you can add everything anyway, then create a filter folder to only show House tracks.

If the music is rented from Apple Music though, you're out of luck. You can't use that in VDJ.

Mensajes Wed 30 Sep 20 @ 9:14 pm
When you say database do you mean every track on my laptop? Thanks.

Mensajes Wed 30 Sep 20 @ 9:26 pm
The database consists of whatever music you add to VDJ. If you add one track, the database will have one track in it. If you add all your music, it will have everything.

Once tracks are in the database, you can filter them by creating filter folders (aka smart crates) that only show what you want.

Rather than ask loads of basic questions, start by reading the manual :-)

Mensajes Wed 30 Sep 20 @ 9:36 pm
Ok cheers, I am abit confused then as I have only just downloaded VDJ and have not added anything, but yet it can search through all my music, do you know how to stop that from happening and only search tracks I add?

Mensajes Wed 30 Sep 20 @ 9:40 pm
By default VDJ is set to add any relevant files from folders that you visit using the VDJ browser, so that might be one reason.

It's all in the manual...

Mensajes Wed 30 Sep 20 @ 9:50 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)