Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: REALLY weird issue after updating

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Had a very strange issue today after updating. I'm running V8.5-64 b6106 currently (VDJ2021, Win 10, fully spec'd out gaming laptop).

After it updated and the software restarted, every single track I have on my external drive didnt have a BPM, Key, time length and the First Seen showed 4 digit display (16:05 as an example) versus an actual date. All of my cue points were completely gone as well.

I have 3 databases:

1. On my external | File name: VirtualDJ Database v6 | Last updated a couple of years ago
2. In my documents under the Virtual DJ folder | File name: VirtualDJ Local Database v6 | Last updated a couple of years ago
3. In my documents under the Virtual DJ folder | File name: database | Updated today

I moved 1 and 2 out of my external and the VDJ folder and put them in a safe spot. I kept the plain "database" (#3) where it is since that seems to be the one that VDJ is/was reading from.

I'm now currently scanning my entire external drive and every single track I have since there was no BPM or any other tag info. Sucks I lost all of my cue points and VDJ thinks every single track was just added today for some reason.

Any ideas on what could have caused this? Would an update to VDJ corrupt a database or do something weird like this?

Important info to know: NOTHING was changed or altered other than updating to the latest version. Never unplugged my external, laptop was on, no updates to it at all, no restarts, nothing. Literally the ONLY thing I did was click yes to the software update when I launched VDJ and that was it.

Mensajes Wed 30 Sep 20 @ 11:46 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
Yes, had the same on some PC, but in fact updated version was starting while a thread of the old one was still "active" (never exit) taking access to database and maybe settings (reason why tags were not updating and skin reset)
killing this thread (or restarting pc) did the deal
still have unresolved issues (crashes) using i5 6400 PCs and internal intel graphic with default (and most of recent) skin with 64bit only

Mensajes Thu 01 Oct 20 @ 12:26 am
On the external drive there should be a 'VirtualDJ' folder, and within that folder a 'database.xml' file
That's where Version 8.x stores data for external drives

Mensajes Thu 01 Oct 20 @ 1:32 pm
PhantomDeejay wrote :
On the external drive there should be a 'VirtualDJ' folder, and within that folder a 'database.xml' file
That's where Version 8.x stores data for external drives

On my external, I only had "VirtualDJ Database v6" on the root with no Virtual DJ folders, but it hadn't been updated in a couple of years and I removed it (placed in a backup folder on my laptop). Should I move "database.xml" from the VDJ folder under My Documents on my laptop to the external? If so, what is the proper directory structure and path so it doesnt cause any issues?

Mensajes Thu 01 Oct 20 @ 5:28 pm
No, you should not move/copy the file from internal to external.

Question: What's the drive letter of the external ?
Any chance it's write protected ?
Do you have ANY value on 'ignoredrives' setting of VirtualDJ ?

Mensajes Thu 01 Oct 20 @ 7:20 pm
PhantomDeejay wrote :
No, you should not move/copy the file from internal to external.

Question: What's the drive letter of the external ? -- It's letter E
Any chance it's write protected ? -- Full permissions granted for everything
Do you have ANY value on 'ignoredrives' setting of VirtualDJ ? Nothing is set to be ignored

Mensajes Mon 05 Oct 20 @ 12:06 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)