Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Is this thee Ultimate laptop

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

This seems like a beast of a machine and could quite possibly be my next purchase!!

Can someone from the team check out the video card though?? Will it run the new stems feature??

Mensajes Thu 01 Oct 20 @ 10:50 pm
Intel UHD Graphics 620 is what it has, and they don't offer any config on that side of things.

Mensajes Thu 01 Oct 20 @ 10:56 pm
So is that a yes or no?? Lol!

Mensajes Thu 01 Oct 20 @ 11:03 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
You'd have to do the stems calculation with the CPU, rather than offloading it to the GPU.

Mensajes Thu 01 Oct 20 @ 11:18 pm

Mensajes Thu 01 Oct 20 @ 11:24 pm
Thanks Scott and Groovin I rarely come here anymore.....

I just hit the update button and go.......

Mensajes Thu 01 Oct 20 @ 11:37 pm
Although it's cool to have a powerful dedicated GPU, you have to weigh up the pros and cons.

You'll get the benefit of lightning fast stem analysis when the tracks load, but that's it. Having the NVIDIA GPU will not make any difference to the audio quality of stem separation.

If you're using shaders or doing video mixing of course then it will also help, but for stems it's just the analysis speed that benefits.

Mensajes Fri 02 Oct 20 @ 8:04 am

Mensajes Fri 02 Oct 20 @ 10:46 am
Trying to talk myself into one of these.

Mensajes Sat 03 Oct 20 @ 5:26 am
After doing a few tests on unsupported GPUs Ive found that most with 2gb+ memory will work flawlessly. Well from the couple of lappy's I've tried. The oldest a HP DV7 with a Radeon card. 4sec. Compute. A Samsung notebook 9 Radeon 540 graphics card 1-2 second compute. Mixing mostly Pop, HipHop,R&B classic R&B. Music like Rock and Classic rock, Older 50s and 60s like before the multi-track recording days take a bit longer. But definitely not an interference. I do get an error about the card not supporting something, but that error only shows once on first use.

Mensajes Sun 04 Oct 20 @ 1:34 am
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
As only NVIDIA GPUs are supported (old geforce gtx 745 is) that "error about the card not supporting something", may be about mathEngine ^^
Any recent enough (10 years old) correct CPU can compute stems flawlessly, other can compute stems slowly
takes 1/5 track duration for a i5 2400s @ 2.5GHz, stems immediately usable as soon as track is loaded, only a lot of CPU power needed

Mensajes Sun 04 Oct 20 @ 2:18 am
Nicotux wrote :
As only NVIDIA GPUs are supported (old geforce gtx 745 is) that "error about the card not supporting something", may be about mathEngine ^^
Any recent enough (10 years old) correct CPU can compute stems flawlessly, other can compute stems slowly
takes 1/5 track duration for a i5 2400s @ 2.5GHz, stems immediately usable as soon as track is loaded, only a lot of CPU power needed

Math engine is set to GPU. As I understand this setting is using the gpu only. And I havent had any problems.

Mensajes Sun 04 Oct 20 @ 4:20 am
I think there's a threshold where stems go from possibly annoyingly slow to "i don't even notice it anymore", and that's the NVIDIA MX150, a rather low end, modern, dedicated GPU you can find on a few mid to high end medium laptops. I think they start at 600-700€. That's all you need for stems to compute insanely fast without spending lots or having a chunky computer. Correct me if i'm wrong (i don't own a MX150 equipped laptop, i have a GTX 1050).

Mensajes Sat 10 Oct 20 @ 9:04 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)