Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: Broadcast failure

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

When streaming to Mixcloud using VDJ, within 5 minutes a message appears on the VDJ stating Broadcast cannot keep up. I have the Video set at low, my internet speed is between 29 and 32 Mbs and yet this is constantly happening. I am using Window 1O and a brand new HP desktop pavilion . I have raised this before with VDJ but as yet have not had a satisfactory answer. Please advise as to how this can be resolved.

Mensajes Mon 11 Jan 21 @ 9:03 am
Well, I can't think of anything being the problem but your internet connection right when it happens
So it's probably exactly what it says it is
Remember that it's your upload speed that count when streaming, and of course test it with a speed tester regardless of what your provider tells you - the service only have to decline for a few seconds to cause problems
Also make sure you are using a wired connection

Mensajes Mon 11 Jan 21 @ 9:09 am
Hi Soulman66
I too have this problem and it is utterly frustrating as I really want to use MixCloud as it is licence paid.

I have asked both Stephen and Krishan at Mixcloud support, but they just keep supplying the recommended settings for OBS, plus these do not directly relate to VDJ
I have asked time and again for the Mixcloud recommended UPLOAD bandwidth requirements.
I have a solid 15 Mbps upload at all times, I have since discovered that the Mixcloud requirement is only 3Mbps, yes 3!
Yet all I get is buffering, that intermidable circling, my listeners get peed-off and it's totally embarassing.

If I go to my ListenToMyRadio account (FREE BTW!) I get total uninterupted streaming all night with no drop-out at all.
Problem there is it's unlicenced, and I am not about to risk heavy fines.

I am only trying to stream audio, no video at all, so the load on my upload is minimal, I have also dropped all settings to an absolute minimum but still I get unacceptable buffering.

I cannot get the alternative VDJ stream to work despite opening up all necessary ports, this is soooo frustrating.

Yet there are loads of guys b broadcasting online via Mixcloud, both video and audio without any drop-out or buffering at all ?!?!?

I reckon that Mixcloud's servers are overloaded, but this has been going on since April 2020 for me trying trial accounts etc, but no joy at all.

And as for the Mixcoud App ?? That is dysfunctional, but that issue is for them to sort out.

Any ideas on how to intigrate VDJ (Infinity licence) and make it work with Mixcloud without this "Broadcaster Cannot Keep Up" message.....repeatedly?

I am on an i7 Laptop Windows 10 (clean install) latest version, plus latest version of VDJ

Mixcloud only seem to think we should use OBS, but that is another element in the software chain and VDJ is already sorted for Mixcloud in it's settings .

Any input on this would be most appreciated, I don't mind paying Mixcloud, but right now it don't work too well.

Mensajes Mon 18 Jan 21 @ 7:08 pm

Mensajes Mon 18 Jan 21 @ 7:25 pm
Something you may want to consider:

I was trying to upload a simple mix on Mixcloud the other night...
Nothing special... A 100MB mp3 file.
The upload was reaching about 60MB and then kept resetting (starting over, or aborting)

After reading some FAQ on Mixcloud site I came across a page (on Mixcloud) that suggested that some antivirus programs like Kaspersky and others may interupt the upload to Mixcloud.
I use Kaspersky, and I turned it off for 5 minutes.
Guess what... The file uploaded instantly without any interruptions.
I'm sure that Kaspersky is not interrupting uploads in general, but maybe there's something on the way Mixcloud servers communicate with terminal clients that it doesn't like.
Anyway, perhaps it worths a try (even if you use another antivirus) ti temporarily disable it and see if that fixes your issue or not...

Mensajes Mon 18 Jan 21 @ 8:05 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)