Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Building an online Radio Broadcast Computer

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

IslaKPRO SubscriberMember since 2020
Hello all :)

Quite new to the world of DJing or in my case Radio Presenter and I m looking to build a new computer.

Having built gaming machines in the past I am know a little about what I need for a gaming machine on a budget, however I want to build a Music production level Machine and would appreciate some information to help me build the best rig I can.

Thanks for reading :)

Mensajes Wed 03 Feb 21 @ 5:33 pm
Any ordinary computer will do fine for radio broadcast..
Not much of high requirements for that ;-)

And far less than any gaming computer.

Mensajes Thu 04 Feb 21 @ 3:51 pm
IslaK wrote :
Hello all :)

Quite new to the world of DJing or in my case Radio Presenter and I m looking to build a new computer.

Having built gaming machines in the past I am know a little about what I need for a gaming machine on a budget, however I want to build a Music production level Machine and would appreciate some information to help me build the best rig I can.

Thanks for reading :)

Hello!
basically for a broadcast computer you need a good processor, the graphic card doesn't matter a lot, you need to a good SSD (256go) for main system and 2 HDD for the data like music, pictures, mysql database server all in RAID1 (mirroring) to secure your data. and UPS system with voltage regulator.
Also a good broadcasting Software (you can do it from winamp but it's pretty limited in functions), server relay (if you internet is not quite good), an android/IOS app because lot of potential listeners are on smartphone, registering your radio on various site like radio garden.

So for the hardware something really simple in mini-itx, it's the best format for broadcasting computer, small and easy to clean.
-Ryzen 5 4600G or Ryzen 7 4700G
-RAM 2x8go ddr4 (basic model)
-PSU 400Watts gold (seasonic)
-SSD 256go for the system (basic one)
- 2 HDD 1to OR 2to in RAID1.
-MSI MPG B550I GAMING EDGE WIFI (mini itx)
-Basic screen of 19' with HDMI connection.
-basic mouse and keyboard
-Hub usb3
-500W UPS system with voltage regulator
For the software that depend on you, me i use Sam broadcaster Pro with Mysql server.
I subscribe to a server relay from myradiostream.com (cheaper and really stable).
I subscribe for the Android App from looksomething.com.

if you have more question i'm here ;)

Mensajes Thu 04 Feb 21 @ 5:15 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)