Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Transferring cached music
djbaum81PRO SubscriberMember since 2012
Im working on transferring all my cached music in my old laptop using cue and content unlimited into a new laptop. I know this has been discussed before, but can someone give me step by step instructions on how to transfer all 2k cached songs from content unlimited from my old laptop to my new one?

Mensajes Tue 13 Apr 21 @ 3:24 am
simplest and "fastest" way; copy the folder /documents/virtualdj/ from one computer to the other :)

That should do it ..

Mensajes Tue 13 Apr 21 @ 11:03 am
Im a complete novice when it comes to that stuff. Anyway you can send me a screenshot breakdown?

Mensajes Tue 13 Apr 21 @ 12:03 pm
Dude, you shouldn't even be using a computer if you don't know how to copy and paste a folder.

Mensajes Tue 13 Apr 21 @ 12:05 pm
Just need to open "My Documents" folder on your old computer, and right-click the "VirtualDJ" folder there choosing "COPY" at the popup dialog.

The at a usb stick/drive used to transfer between the computer, open the USB drive in Windows File Explorer and right-click inside the USB drive and choose "PASTE".. . That will copy the VirtualDJ folder to the USB.

Then do the process in reverse at your new computer ;-)

https://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/104/~/transferring-files-onto-a-usb-flash-drive

Mensajes Tue 13 Apr 21 @ 12:13 pm
And most often in Windows you can even right-click the "VirtualDJ" folder (in "My Documents") and choose "SEND TO..." and choose the USB drive/stick used to transfer between the computer.

That will take care of first step (at old computer).
At new computer just connect the USB drive/stick, open it, and right-click and copy the VirtualDJ folder there. Then paste it in "My Documents" folder at new computer. Or drag and drop from the USB stick to the "Documents" folder at left side folder tree view..

Mensajes Tue 13 Apr 21 @ 12:15 pm

Mensajes Tue 13 Apr 21 @ 12:18 pm
Thank you Rune. You are one of the most helpful and understanding guys in here. I have been djing for over 20 years and im still learning everyday. Thank you.

Mensajes Tue 13 Apr 21 @ 12:39 pm
No worries, when there are tons of Youtube tutorials on this subject, clearly you are not alone ;-)
People have different experiences and knowledges on all sort of topics, and forums are here to ask for help

Mensajes Tue 13 Apr 21 @ 12:46 pm
Got everything transferred over. It doesn't automatically refresh the cache like cue did. How do I refresh the music? Just recurse?

Mensajes Fri 23 Apr 21 @ 11:21 pm
Should automatically refresh, but it happens at intervals (when close to expire).
You can try ctrl+a to select all the cached files in thee folder, then right-click the selection and choose "refresh drm"

Mensajes Sat 24 Apr 21 @ 11:31 am