Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: Mapping FX to a Midi Fighter Twister
Afternoon all,

I'm a complete newbie when it comes to mapping a controller but you gotta start somewhere... Right?

I'm trying to understand how to do this & know I'm probably missing something really simple, I can get different effects mapped but only to one deck, what am I missing? I've searched all over the web for answers & its very limited with what's out there.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Mensajes Fri 09 Jul 21 @ 2:22 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
specify the deck

deck 1 WHATEVER_SCRIPT_ACTION

deck 1, deck 2, deck 3,... deck n, deck master [for master fx] , deck active [master deck/loudest deck ], deck default [selected deck], deck left, deck right.

without specifying the deck, one of two things can happen
1 the definition file will specify the deck automatically IF the definition file has been written to do that
2 if the definition hasn't been written that way, then deck default will be presumed [also known as the 'selected deck', the one that has A or B lit up]

Mensajes Fri 09 Jul 21 @ 5:41 pm
Thank you for this, 'deck_active' seems to be the best for my needs as it maximizes the control surface (the same buttons & rotaries are used for the active deck) I just need to think about the workflow of each effect & how the 2nd parameters should sit, I'm thinking 2 pots for each of the fx's, given the little test I did this morning. I'll try & post a video with some results shortly.

Mensajes Sat 10 Jul 21 @ 6:14 am
Hi all,

I'm not sure if what I'm asking can be done, so far I have;
Echo on 1 (Push to activate)(Twist for the strength)
Flanger on 5 (Push to activate)(Twist for the strength)
Cut on 9 (Push to activate)(Twist for the strength)

I'd like to utilize 13 for all of these effects with a 2nd parameter either Speed or Length. All effects are 'deck _active' & are working but without the 2nd parameter.

As I've said before i only have a really basic knowledge so any help is greatly appreciated

Thanks

Mensajes Mon 18 Oct 21 @ 12:34 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
effect_slider 'echo' 2 & effect_slider 'flanger' 2 & ...

this has been covered in Script School
owning a device like the twister you should know more than the basics.

Mensajes Mon 18 Oct 21 @ 2:39 pm
An alternate method of configuration for an FX setup, that may be of interest:

Set the MFT Switch Action Type: Shift Encoder Hold
(so one can have a second encoder function when each encoder is depressed and turned, for the secondary FX parameter)

The FX can be activated with momentary depress of the button action, with the button mapping structure of:

holding 200ms ? nothing : toggle FX on/off

Each Encoder knob can control strength (and length when depressed) for each mapped FX
and effect, toggled on/off with the momentary depress

Mensajes Mon 18 Oct 21 @ 3:59 pm
locodog wrote :
effect_slider 'echo' 2 & effect_slider 'flanger' 2 & ...

this has been covered in Script School
owning a device like the twister you should know more than the basics.

I came from Traktor where a lot of people were producing there own maps including the guys who manufacture it! I'm trying to get to grips with it & will look at your Script School

Mensajes Mon 18 Oct 21 @ 4:18 pm
Hello,
Thanks for the infos you left on this topic, I just bought a twister to deal with effects and I had the same issue that I could solve following your advice to assign the right and left desk effects parameters

But I have also another issue that I'm not able to solve maybe you can help me
When I use the vertical buttons of the twister to turn on (and off) effects I have to click twice on the button to have a response... This is strange, not very ergonomics and also as the light under the button change colors on each push, pushing twice desynchronise the light and so you can not trust the color to know if your effect is on or off...

I hope I'm clear enough, thanks in advance for your help, regards

example :

Mensajes Sat 21 May 22 @ 9:00 am
The great news is that the Midi Fighter Twister will be fully supported by Virtual DJ in a few weeks..
I believe, some time next month..

here is the manual as to how it will be configured
https://virtualdj.com/manuals/hardware/djtechtools/fightertwister.html

and of course one can remap any of the encoders and buttons as you like, also

----------------

lemilourouge wrote :
But I have also another issue that I'm not able to solve maybe you can help me
When I use the vertical buttons of the twister to turn on (and off) effects I have to click twice on the button to have a response... This is strange, not very ergonomics and also as the light under the button change colors on each push, pushing twice desynchronise the light and so you can not trust the color to know if your effect is on or off...

how do you have the the switch action in the utility set for the encoder? CC toggle or CC hold or ?

Mensajes Sat 21 May 22 @ 11:49 am