Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Licensing - List of pro controllers

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

So having started out on Tracktor many moons ago, used DJAY pro for a while and rekord box, lots of reccomendations have lead me to look at Virtual DJ as potentially being the best option for an open format DJ.

As I understand it, if I want to try it out sans controller, it's free, but not a lot of good to practise on.

If I have a higher end controller, I don't have an option to use home I must use pro, and then the only option is to rent for a month ($19) and then if I like it buy for $300 is that correct?

There are no trial options or convert from monthly to lifetime options?

Once purchased that license isn't transferrable like serato or rekordbox ones are, it's a one off personal for me only licence.

So not saying any of this is good/bad/wrong right, I just want to confirm what my options are before biting the bullet as it were.

The other question I have is, in lots of the comparisons of software, there are lots of reports of VDJ being less stable than RB/Serato. Was this an issue and it's sorted, or is it just something you have to accept as Virtual DJ is more flexible and supports more options.

My main reason for looking at VDJ, is whilst RB is ok, I'm not really getting on with it, plus the more time I spend with it, the more locked into to Pioneers hardware I am, and I'm really looking at some point in switching to a Prime 4 (possibly) but I like the fact that if I don't get on with the prime I could change in a couple of cheers to something new and shiny controller wise, and I'm unlikely to have to change the software I'm using.

Thanks in advance for any advice and guidance you have.

Mensajes Tue 28 Sep 21 @ 7:21 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
If you log in to the software you get 30 days to try after first connecting the controller

Mensajes Tue 28 Sep 21 @ 7:26 am
Yes basically if you pay the monthly fee it's non deductable against the full Pro.

VDJ is very stable. I'd be lying if I said it bever crashed but that is 99.9% on pre-release builds and the devs get things sorted pronto. Been using it since 2008 and never ever had a crash at a gig.

It's by far the most versatile software out there and supports most controllers.

Mensajes Tue 28 Sep 21 @ 7:26 am
Awesome thanks, 30 days seems like a reasonable try with a controller, before commiting to the $300 thanks for the info.

and thanks for the other info around stability

Mensajes Tue 28 Sep 21 @ 10:05 am
It works really well with the Prime 4 too.

Mensajes Tue 28 Sep 21 @ 4:55 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)