Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: beat grids off
hi, as mentioned above some of the beat grids are off in certain songs, I;ve tried fixing this in bpm editor to no avail, sometimes making things worse. does anyone have any solutions to this?

thanks

Mensajes Thu 10 Feb 22 @ 8:51 pm
Are the grids off because of variable BPM ? If so then use the BPM editor and rescan for variable BPM is the suggested method.

Else.. a few tracks, maybe (1 in 50) need a bit of adjustment, to slide the grid a small amount, so just slide the grid a bit with the controls that appear when one clicks the BPM(which is above the tracks Key) of the loaded track buttons look like < > and |< >| the first for small adjustments and latter for larger..

and rarely (1in 200) does one need a small tweak to the overall BPM. (this adjustment is so so small that it does not register on the BPM when represented to only 2 decimal places)

And both can typically be done on the controller with the jog wheel when toggled to that the appropriate adjustment mode.

Mensajes Thu 10 Feb 22 @ 9:43 pm
IIDEEJAYII wrote :
Are the grids off because of variable BPM ? If so then use the BPM editor and rescan for variable BPM is the suggested method.

Else.. a few tracks, maybe (1 in 50) need a bit of adjustment, to slide the grid a small amount, so just slide the grid a bit with the controls that appear when one clicks the BPM(which is above the tracks Key) of the loaded track buttons look like < > and |< >| the first for small adjustments and latter for larger..

and rarely (1in 200) does one need a small tweak to the overall BPM. (this adjustment is so so small that it does not register on the BPM when represented to only 2 decimal places)

And both can typically be done on the controller with the jog wheel when toggled to that the appropriate adjustment mode.

Thanks, I'll look into that, I dont think it's because of variable bpm as the are up to date dance tracks, I'm thinking they'll be produced at say 124 bpm throughout the track.

Mensajes Thu 10 Feb 22 @ 10:23 pm
It would be helpful to give at least one example of a track where the beat grid is off, and explain what you mean by "off".

If the BPM is correct but the grid is slightly shifted, you should be able to correct this easily.

If the BPM is wrong (the grid is faster or slower than the wave) that's also easily adjusted.

Mensajes Thu 10 Feb 22 @ 10:46 pm