Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: RANE 72 RANE 12 Issue - Page: 1
So tonight at the club we set up a Rane Seventy Two and a pair of RANE 12s. My partner‘s laptop was on USB A and mine was on USB B.

He was using Serato and of course I was using Virtual DJ.

So he mixed a few songs and then flipped the switch is over to USB B which is what my laptop was connected to running Virtual DJ.

I loaded up a track and pressed play and everything was fine, and then loaded up the other deck and that’s when deck two started playing super fast.

Even though Virtual DJ could see both RANE 12s I can only control one.

We then switched back to USB A and he loaded up two more tracks in Serato and everything it worked perfect on his end.

We tried the switching over a few more times and Virtual DJ just would not work with the 72 and the 12s.

I ended up having to use Serato which worked perfectly. That really killed my night because none of my playlist are in Serato since I use Virtual DJ.

Is there a setting somewhere that I am missing or is there a special mapping that is needed for two DJs when using the 72 and a set of RANE 12s???

Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated.

I brought the 12s home and I can go get the 72 if I need to. Please I need to get this issue resolved before next weekend.

Mensajes Sun 06 Mar 22 @ 9:20 am
What RPM setting was the other DJ using ?
Perhaps you had to press the 33 or 45 rpm switch on BOTH units first ?
VirtualDJ has only ONE setting for 33/45 RPM (global, not per deck)
Therefore it's possible that second deck was changing the setting ?

Mensajes Sun 06 Mar 22 @ 4:21 pm
The same thing is happening with my Reloop Elite mixer as well.....

But Ill check that setting and report back.

EDIT

Both set at 33

Mensajes Sun 06 Mar 22 @ 6:38 pm
Heres the problem

What is going on?!?!?!

Mensajes Sun 06 Mar 22 @ 7:31 pm
Anyone got any insight to why this isn’t working??

Is it just not possible with MIDI and VDJ??

Works flawlessly with SDJ……. But I don’t like SDJ 🤷🏾‍♂️

Mensajes Mon 07 Mar 22 @ 2:08 am
Anyone???

Mensajes Mon 07 Mar 22 @ 2:11 pm
the SOUND INSURGENT wrote :
Anyone???

Well there are a few people who is using this setup, and have been discussing it in the DB group a while back. So normally it's got to be working

Are you sure it doesn't work if you simply never let Serato touch it once it's turned on?

Mensajes Mon 07 Mar 22 @ 2:26 pm
I will check again in a few.
However the issue with Reloop is different as far as I can tell.
It seems that devices disconnect completely from VirtualDj.
This usually doesn't occur with 72.

Your initial report was about wrong playback speed once the second deck started playback, which is quite different from what you're demonstrating.
Anyway, I will test again here in a few and report back.

Mensajes Mon 07 Mar 22 @ 3:28 pm
It does the exact same thing with the 72 hooked up…….

If you’d like I’ll go get the 72 and make a video showing it does the same thing…..

For some reason VDJ drops the midi signal on both players even tho only 1 has switched offline.

Mensajes Mon 07 Mar 22 @ 4:47 pm
klausmogensen wrote :
the SOUND INSURGENT wrote :
Anyone???

Well there are a few people who is using this setup, and have been discussing it in the DB group a while back. So normally it's got to be working

Are you sure it doesn't work if you simply never let Serato touch it once it's turned on?

Not sure if you watched the entire video but it’s clearly not working……. And if you watched the video you can see I never even used Serato.

2 different mixers and the exact same problem.

And what is the “DB group”??

Mensajes Mon 07 Mar 22 @ 4:49 pm
I just finished testing here, and everything works as expected.
I'm uploading a video as I type these sentences. I had made a better video than the one you will see, but it was blocked due to copyright issues.
So I just used two loops to bypass that problem and I made another one.

Two things came into my mind:
1) At least in SeventyTwo make sure that left Twelve is connected on "Deck 1" USB port and right is connected on "Deck 2" USB port.
While if you swipe the USB ports things still work, I come upon a situation that both Serato and VirtualDJ were messed up. I could not reproduce at will, but I was able to reproduce by messing around when USB cables were swapped.
2) The deck assignment buttons (Deck 1,2,3,4) are for the most part firmware controlled.
They do accept and send some messages between the controller and the host, but they are not completely transparent to the software.
I have found that it's best to leave each Twelve assigned to one deck, and not try to mess with it's deck assignment while used by both computers (doesn't matter if second computer is using Serato or VirtualDJ)

Other than that as you will see on my video, things are pretty much straight forward.
On the video, USB A is desktop PC running Serato, and USB B is laptop running VirtualDJ
Video quality is not great, but I think it's acceptable to demonstrate the switch.

PS: I have done the same test with both TwelveMKII and Twelve. The video is with Twelve, but MKII version behaves exactly the same.

PS2: You are right, decks do get disconnected. But for best operation perhaps you should set the pop-up window for Twelves to "ignore" / "don't show again"

Mensajes Mon 07 Mar 22 @ 6:09 pm
I think I was able to reproduce your "fast speed" issue, but I can't tell how you managed to do it!

The "very fast speed playback" occurs when TWO motorized controllers control the same deck!

In other words, both left and right Twelve were controlling the same deck.
I don't have the slightest clue though how you managed to do such thing.
I had to "hack" the device mapping in order to accomplish such a feat!
When a deck is assigned to a controller, it sends a message that prevents all other controllers to be assigned on that deck (one of the very few messages that Twelve accepts for Deck Assignment buttons)
These messages are also the reason that on your video above at some point you ended up not being able to assign deck 1 & 2 to the controller.
I was trying to reproduce that issue and I "hacked" the mapping code to be able to come in a similar situation. With the hacked mapping I was able to assign the same deck on two controllers, and voila!
However as I said this should NOT occur.
Also the messages are handled in such a way that even after disconnecting/reconnecting a device, the device gets finally the message (in case you are wondering what happens if you assign a deck while the other controller is disconnected/powered off)

Mensajes Mon 07 Mar 22 @ 6:41 pm
So basically I can’t can’t use my 12’s with 2 djs is what your saying??

Can you screenshot your settings ??

Like my video showed I deleted my settings folder and started from scratch and it still would not work.

I need a fix??

EDIT,

I also noticed your using Windows based machines, I’m on a M1 Mac Pro would that make a difference???

Mensajes Mon 07 Mar 22 @ 9:26 pm
Anyone???

Here it is again!! It isn't anything I'm doing!!

Mensajes Tue 08 Mar 22 @ 12:15 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
it's 2:30am in Greece right now, I'm sure you'll get a reply tomorrow.

Mensajes Tue 08 Mar 22 @ 12:23 am
No one on the team can help??

This is clearly not something Im causing.......

Mensajes Tue 08 Mar 22 @ 12:34 am
I'd be curious if the M1 MacBook is the issue. Any chance you have an older Mac you can try ?

Mensajes Tue 08 Mar 22 @ 1:26 am
djjohnnyrox wrote :
I'd be curious if the M1 MacBook is the issue. Any chance you have an older Mac you can try ?

Yes I have an older Mac and I’ll try it right now 👍🏾

EDIT

Just tried it with 2 older MacBooks and it made no difference……

This is beyond frustrating because they work so good with VDJ but for reason it will not work when trying to switch over 😭

Mensajes Tue 08 Mar 22 @ 1:30 am
I would try and narrow it down to the twelves or the reloop If you have turntables or cdj try instead of the twelves

Mensajes Tue 08 Mar 22 @ 1:48 am
What do you want me to try??

I’ve connected my 5000m’s and my RP8000’s with no problems.

Like I said everything works perfectly with SDJ so it’s definitely something with VDJ 🤷🏾‍♂️

But I’m open to any suggestions 🤙🏾

The problem is when it comes to switching over to the other dj. For some reason VDJ is loosing the midi signal and or not remembering which deck is still connected for some reason.

That’s as far as my trouble shooting skills go 🤷🏾‍♂️

Mensajes Tue 08 Mar 22 @ 1:55 am
40%