Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: American Audio VMS4 not working with VDJ2021
I'm still using (or trying to use) and American Audio VMS4 controller. I have a new laptop and downloaded the newest version of VDJ Pro to try out and possibly purchase/upgrade. I'm on a 30 day trial and, unfortunately, I can't get it to work right. I had a problem a few years back and had to change the channel order. I've done that, and I still have a problem.

Deck 1 is set at out 3 & 4
Deck 2 is set at out 5 & 6
Deck 3 is set at out 1 & 2
Deck 4 is set at out 7 & 8

Frequency is 48,000 Hz rather that 44,000 Hz, but I don't think that would make a difference.

Running Windows 10, 64 bit.

Midilog routing using ASIO settings is where it should be.

Midilog channel 2 should be controlling output of Deck A and midilog channel 3 should be controlling output of Deck B. Instead, I get nothing out of Deck A, and midilog channel 2 is controlling output of Deck B instead of Deck A. Midilog channels 1, 3, and 4 aren't doing anything. I took a photo but can't seem to get it to post.

Anything I can try??

Many thanks in advance!

Mensajes Fri 02 Sep 22 @ 5:15 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006

Mensajes Fri 02 Sep 22 @ 6:07 am
Thank you but, unfortunately, I've already done that. I've also gone over all mechanical settings on the controller. Channels 2 and 3 are set to USB. Crossfader A is assigned to the left side and CF B to the right. The 4 Out and 8 Out is set to 4 Out.

Channel 2 linked to Deck A (left) seems okay. It's playing Deck A, volume control works, and crossfader works. Channel 3 is bizarre. I get audio from Deck B (right) only if crossfader is in the middle. Volume is affected by both Channel 3 and 4. It's like everytime I turn it on, there's a different issue.

There's something messing with the midi log. I set it up on another computer and same thing is happening. I don't know if old pieces of prior VDJ is in my registry and messing things up or if something is messed up with my controller.

Mensajes Fri 02 Sep 22 @ 1:43 pm
Problem solved (I think). There was a firmware update for the controller which I thought I installed several years ago. I apparently never did, and the controller worked fine with older versions of VDJ. I installed the firmware update, and now everything seems to be working great. I shut down and disconnected everything. I'll go back later to be sure all is working well. Big event tomorrow and I could really use the controller.

Mensajes Fri 02 Sep 22 @ 3:25 pm
Spoke too soon. I reconnected everything and the controller is doing what it was doing earlier. I uninstalled VDJ and reinstalled, but still not working. I purchased a license, and still not working. I did notice that after uninstalling and then reinstalling, my logon ID was already in VDJ, so an uninstall doesn't get rid of everything. Maybe there's something stuck in the registry. Need help!! Please!

Mensajes Fri 02 Sep 22 @ 5:27 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Can you post screenshots of your Audio Setup in VDJ and the ASIO Settings Control panel of your VMS4 ?

Mensajes Fri 02 Sep 22 @ 5:44 pm

Mensajes Fri 02 Sep 22 @ 6:50 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005

Mensajes Fri 02 Sep 22 @ 8:19 pm
Yes, that did it. I found the answer in advanced settings section here, but I thank you very, very much for confirming it!! My owner's manual says 4 out, not 8, so that was causing the problem. I connected the controller to my laptop and disconnected it multiple times just to make sure. All is working well again. Thank you very much again for you help, Mr. DJDAD!

Mensajes Fri 02 Sep 22 @ 11:34 pm