Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: Information about latest patch
Baldy68PRO InfinityMember since 2019
I have looked everywhere but I can't find any information about the latest patches. This time I wanted to read more about "smart fader". Where can I read more about it? What does it do?

Mensajes Mon 09 Jan 23 @ 12:30 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
It's a feature added mainly for the DDJ-FLX4 controller, but you can use it with other controllers as well.
To enable you can map a custom button to smart_fader

Once enabled, when using the crossfader the pitch will automatically fade between the current song's pitch and the target song's pitch, making mixes between song's with big tempo differences easier.

Mensajes Mon 09 Jan 23 @ 1:23 pm
Ok, thank you for that information, that feature can actually be useful. Where are the patch notes on the site? So, I do not need to post a forum question for more information on future patches?

Mensajes Mon 09 Jan 23 @ 2:49 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
You can find the changelog here:
https://www.virtualdj.com/products/virtualdj/changelog.html

For new features, usually the manual will be updated when the release goes public.
For a bit more advanced features/features specifically for a certain controller/added scripts you can often find some additional information by looking up the help text for the specific script in the custom button editor or controller mapping.

If there's still something you can't find after that, feel free to ask in the forum :)

Mensajes Mon 09 Jan 23 @ 3:08 pm
Regarding smart fader:
1. It also does eq mixing on the lows, right. Cool!
2. It also syncs and beat locks, right? Cool. But it seems that it also affects the playing deck, when it's enabled and you click play. Is that intentionally? Or does it do the sync adjustment on the wrong deck?
3. What is the rule for when it doubles/halves the tempo for the auto bpm mixing?

Mensajes Mon 09 Jan 23 @ 3:45 pm
Is this all I need to do to get the button to work?

Mensajes Mon 09 Jan 23 @ 4:01 pm
klausmogensen wrote :
Regarding smart fader:

Does it that automatically or can I enable that? It would be awesome.

Mensajes Mon 09 Jan 23 @ 4:04 pm
Baldy68 wrote :
klausmogensen wrote :
Regarding smart fader:

Does it that automatically or can I enable that? It would be awesome.

It does it automatically

Mensajes Mon 09 Jan 23 @ 4:39 pm
Baldy68 wrote :
Is this all I need to do to get the button to work?

Yes

Mensajes Mon 09 Jan 23 @ 4:39 pm
Is there parameters to add to the action "smart fader"? It didn't work well when using automix. Since automix already does most of the features in "smart fader" I am mostly interested in the EQ mixing, so can I disable features or add the EQ mixing in some other way? I would like VDJ to automatically EQ mix both kick and hihat stems as I do when manually DJíng. :-D

Mensajes Tue 10 Jan 23 @ 11:07 am
If you enable dual deck mode for automix, and enable smart fader, then automix will indeed use it
BUT it will use low eq as part of it. Not stems.
Not even if stems are enabled on the eq buttons, and not even if stems have been pre-computed

Mensajes Tue 10 Jan 23 @ 2:47 pm
Yes, automix uses smart fader, but it doesn't work well, for me the bpm got higher and higher. That is why I asked if there are any parameters I can use to disable some functions of smart fader?

Mensajes Tue 10 Jan 23 @ 4:08 pm
klausmogensen wrote :
Regarding smart fader:
2. It also syncs and beat locks, right? Cool. But it seems that it also affects the playing deck, when it's enabled and you click play. Is that intentionally? Or does it do the sync adjustment on the wrong deck?

Looks like it affects the active playing deck in any case regardless if it is or not set as Master (I thought that could be a reason).
Plus:
- if smart_fader is enabled it engages the autoPitchLock (Pitch Lock) but this is not disengaged once you disable the smart_fader
- it would be good if pitch_reset could be used while smart_fader is enabled, at least if the crossfader is fully turned to the same deck on which you want to use pitch_reset

Mensajes Wed 11 Jan 23 @ 2:25 pm
Hi 👋 Can anyone point me in the direction for the update for the flx4 , so I can start using some smart CFX please?
Assuming it’s been sorted now?? 😅
Cheers!

Mensajes Thu 02 Mar 23 @ 6:57 pm
bazzio68ControlleristMember since 2018

Mensajes Fri 03 Mar 23 @ 12:10 am