Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: Stem engine error
XessLE userMember since 2006
Just bought new Mac Mini M2 Pro and try VirtualDJ. Every time I open VirtualDJ It's show windows with "Stem engine error" every time and cannot use stem. How to solve it?

Mensajes Sun 19 Feb 23 @ 3:03 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Did you start with a clean install on the new mac?

Mensajes Sun 19 Feb 23 @ 3:38 pm
found cause of problem. if disable SIP Steam Engine 'll be show error. Why it was happened like that?

[System Integrity Protection (SIP)]

Mensajes Mon 20 Feb 23 @ 5:26 pm
Maybe the Steam engine locks access to the GPU?

Mensajes Mon 20 Feb 23 @ 5:42 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Xess wrote :
found cause of problem. if disable SIP Steam Engine 'll be show error. Why it was happened like that?

Do you mean that when SIP is disabled (crsutil disable), the stem error disappears or the stem error appears?

Mensajes Tue 21 Feb 23 @ 7:53 pm
Fry UpsPRO InfinityMember since 2017
I restarted my M1 Pro in recovery mode (Shut down fully, and then hold down power button until menu appears)

Clicked on 'Utilities' menu and loaded up 'Terminal'

Type in: csrutil enable

Rebooted, and this fixed my 'Stem Engine Error' issue.

It seems my SIP (System Integrity Protection) was disabled, and this is what was causing the issue in my case.

Mensajes Wed 22 Feb 23 @ 10:30 pm
That's why I asked the question because I would have more thought "csrutil disable" fixed the issue. Interesting.

Mensajes Thu 23 Feb 23 @ 10:22 am
djcel wrote :
Xess wrote :

Do you mean that when SIP is disabled (crsutil disable), the stem error disappears or the stem error appears?

Sorry for reply late. stem engine error message appear when SIP is disable. and stem emgine work normal when SIP enable.

Mensajes Tue 28 Feb 23 @ 7:42 pm
Check this ya'll. Googled "Newest Version of Virtual DJ". Scrolled down until I found a result from the actual virtual dj website https://www.virtualdj.com/download/ . Downloaded the one for my Mac even though I have the newest version. It totally worked! Went through the install steps like I didn't have virtual DJ. When I clicked on Virtual DJ to open it up..it was like there was nothing wrong. I really hope this helps because I was PISSED!!! If you are like me, I wish nothing but serenity for you and your loved ones.

Mensajes Thu 15 Jun 23 @ 1:43 am
Just got a Mac mini M2 and transferred everything over from my laptop and go this issue. Enabled SIP didn't help but what did was crating a new profile and that Worked

Mensajes Sat 25 Nov 23 @ 8:28 pm
Nemisius wrote :
and transferred everything over from my laptop

How did you transfer?

Mensajes Sun 26 Nov 23 @ 11:18 am