Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: Stem-only beatgrid FX not effecting video
If you use padfx to trigger the beatgrid effect on just some stems (Rhythm in my case), even if the "video" option is enabled, the video output remains unaffected. This is new within the last version or two.

Thanks!

Mensajes Sun 26 Feb 23 @ 5:44 am
To me that seems the correct way of working.

If you're using stems and have selected to use Beat Grid on the "rhythm" stem, then it should only affect the rhythm.

Mensajes Sun 26 Feb 23 @ 9:26 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Note that if you're using the Stems+FX pad page, open the beat grid options from the pad page options menu (Beat Grid Instrumental Pattern) and enable the 'Video' option there.
This is a separate option from the beat grid options on the decks.

Mensajes Sun 26 Feb 23 @ 10:00 am
Adion wrote :
Note that if you're using the Stems+FX pad page, open the beat grid options from the pad page options menu (Beat Grid Instrumental Pattern) and enable the 'Video' option there.
This is a separate option from the beat grid options on the decks.

Thanks for this - However the Stems+FX page doesn't seem to have a pad page options menu. I have one if I switch to, say, Hotcues, but not Stems+FX.

Mensajes Sun 26 Feb 23 @ 9:33 pm
groovindj wrote :
To me that seems the correct way of working.

If you're using stems and have selected to use Beat Grid on the "rhythm" stem, then it should only affect the rhythm.

Then how would I get the beat grid to affect the video + only the rhythm stem if not by setting the "video" option on in the Rhythm Stem's fx controls?

Mensajes Sun 26 Feb 23 @ 9:34 pm
Did you edit the page perhaps, or not running the latest update?

Mensajes Mon 27 Feb 23 @ 4:40 am
I definitely did not edit the page, running v2023-m b7469. Mac ARM.

The pad .xml file has a date of Jan 12, 2023, so if the page was updated recently with the menu, it didn't get updated here.

Could someone possibly share the correct stems+fx.xml file?

Mensajes Mon 27 Feb 23 @ 5:40 am
You should not have an xml if it was not edited. Check in the pad page editor if it gas a reset page button

Mensajes Mon 27 Feb 23 @ 6:09 am
Thanks Adion, I deleted the xml file and the menu appeared. Unfortunately the video option in the beatgrid effect is already activated but video is still not effected by beatgrid when it's only operating on stems.

This is new - Before b7474 it did indeed effect video as long as the option was enabled.

Mensajes Thu 02 Mar 23 @ 8:01 am