Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Rane Four VDJ Support - Page: 5
Yes the pads I have used worked great!! 1 thing i did notice is that if I hit Loop at the beginning of a Track..That loop goes Grey and it sets a Cue Point AFTER the loop...and the Loop will not play ?? The other thing is the Beat Jump is not working if jumping forward? If beat jump backwards it jumps fine..

Mensajes Wed 12 Apr 23 @ 12:13 pm
Could you explain further what you mean ?
Loops indeed cannot be set BEFORE the start of a track (negative elapsed time).
However even if you move to negative elapsed time values and set an automatic loop, it will get set at the very start of the track and the deck should enter a loop once it reaches it.
Finally Beatjump -/+ buttons work fine here (according to the size set by the encoder and displayed on jog screen)

Mensajes Wed 12 Apr 23 @ 2:05 pm
So If I hit Loop and start Track at the same time...That Loop is Greyed out...The track will run and the portion of the Loop in this case 4 beats IS looping but it is not playing any sound ? The sound begins after the set loop. I can set a loop anywhere else except the very 1st beat. It is not that big a Deal I can work around it..Just found it odd thats all...I took a picture of it but not sure how to post it here ? I just noticed it says "MUTE IN USE" ?

Mensajes Wed 12 Apr 23 @ 2:26 pm
1) Make sure that loopBackMode is set to "no" and try again.

2)"MUTE IN USE" should appear when the USB selector for that side of the controller is set to another USB port than the one you have your laptop connected to.
So, effectively you have set it to USB B while your laptop is connected on USB A, or the exact opposite

Mensajes Wed 12 Apr 23 @ 3:37 pm
Ok I will give it a Try !! Thank you

Mensajes Wed 12 Apr 23 @ 4:00 pm
PhantomDeejay wrote :
1) Make sure that loopBackMode is set to "no" and try again.

2)"MUTE IN USE" should appear when the USB selector for that side of the controller is set to another USB port than the one you have your laptop connected to.
So, effectively you have set it to USB B while your laptop is connected on USB A, or the exact opposite

LOOP BACK MODE NO..."Fixed that issue"..Thank you so very Much I do appreciate all the work you do !!!

Mensajes Wed 12 Apr 23 @ 5:59 pm
kradcliffe wrote :
This controller looks awesome. Conversation was going well with the wife until £1649 was mentioned. Oh well .........

Tell Paula, this one is £200 cheaper, don't tell her that I told you. 😁

Whoops! 😍

Mensajes Wed 12 Apr 23 @ 5:59 pm
Nice try but I think my nuts would still be in a sling though!

Mensajes Wed 12 Apr 23 @ 6:05 pm
Got it working, Can someone let me know the Configuration that i need to use to RECORD..I am using a MAC and RANE 4. I cannot figure out why nothing records when i hit Record..?

Thank you in advance..

Mensajes Wed 12 Apr 23 @ 10:24 pm

Mensajes Wed 12 Apr 23 @ 10:42 pm
PS: In case you haven't done so, you need to allow VirtualDJ access to your "MIC" on MAC OS Security.

By "MIC", Apple means all audio inputs

Mensajes Wed 12 Apr 23 @ 10:43 pm
PhantomDeejay wrote :
PS: In case you haven't done so, you need to allow VirtualDJ access to your "MIC" on MAC OS Security.

Understood , I will give that a Try ...Appreciate it as always!!!

Mensajes Wed 12 Apr 23 @ 11:24 pm
I'm having issue when I pair my Rane four with my ddd xp1, I can't activate fx o the xp1. it works perfectly fine when paired with the ddd 1000. I haven't remapped anything to have it being an issue. I was wondering if one of the expert there on the VDJ team could offer a solution or take a look into it. Thanks in advance.

Mensajes Thu 13 Apr 23 @ 3:49 am
Rane Four features fxSendReturn channels (for post fader effects)
This means that fx operation with other devices at the same time becomes more tricky.

Can you describe your setup and how you're trying to use it ?
Most likely our solution won't be "one answer fits them all"

PS: Currently you should be able to use effects on your DDJ-XP1 normally on the decks that are NOT assigned as effect decks on Rane Four.
So, if FX ASSIGN is set to decks 1 & 2 on Rane Four, you should be able to use DDJ-XP1 to trigger effects normally on decks 3 & 4
For decks 1 & 2 in this case you would either have to temporarily disable effect_fxsendreturnenable while triggering them from DDJ-XP1, or you would need to latch the FX ON paddle on Four for the effects to become audible when triggering them from DDJ-XP1

Mensajes Thu 13 Apr 23 @ 8:02 am
TWADE2014 wrote :
PhantomDeejay wrote :

Understood , I will give that a Try ...Appreciate it as always!!!

Well that solved the issue I beleive it WAS the APPLE MIC. I am new to MACS [lol] I do want to THANK YOU AGAIN, YOU and your TEAM ARE AWESOME in answering our questions and doing so in a timely manner, That is truly what support is all about. Thank You

Mensajes Thu 13 Apr 23 @ 12:57 pm
PhantomDeejay wrote :
Rane Four features fxSendReturn channels (for post fader effects)
This means that fx operation with other devices at the same time becomes more tricky.

Can you describe your setup and how you're trying to use it ?
Most likely our solution won't be "one answer fits them all"

PS: Currently you should be able to use effects on your DDJ-XP1 normally on the decks that are NOT assigned as effect decks on Rane Four.
So, if FX ASSIGN is set to decks 1 & 2 on Rane Four, you should be able to use DDJ-XP1 to trigger effects normally on decks 3 & 4
For decks 1 & 2 in this case you would either have to temporarily disable effect_fxsendreturnenable while triggering them from DDJ-XP1, or you would need to latch the FX ON paddle on Four for the effects to become audible when triggering them from DDJ-XP1

Thank you leaving the FX paddle on did it, But is there a way to have them work independently or is that something coming in an update.

Mensajes Sat 15 Apr 23 @ 1:33 am
As I said, with Rane Four that has effect send/return channels, there are only 2 ways to achieve what you want.
There's no "easy" solution

Mensajes Sat 15 Apr 23 @ 4:51 pm
I have a DDJ SZ2 and Just moved to the Rane Four. Amazing Job guys getting it out so quick .Everthing works great so far. Thank you so much! The one thing that is driving me crazy is the Loop Jump . I use that on every mix.
On the DDJ SZ2, after hitting auto loop I could hit shift and + or - and it would move the entire loop (not the track ) either front or backwards . There is no way to do that anymore. If you use beat jump it moves what your playing not the loop . The actual track beat jumps not just the loop . How can I set the Shift 'Loop in" and Shift "loop out" to be the same way as my DDJ SZ2 . I beg of you . lol its driving me crazy. I literally went back to the SZ2 for that reason alone .

PhantomDeejay wrote :
Could you explain further what you mean ?
Loops indeed cannot be set BEFORE the start of a track (negative elapsed time).
However even if you move to negative elapsed time values and set an automatic loop, it will get set at the very start of the track and the deck should enter a loop once it reaches it.
Finally Beatjump -/+ buttons work fine here (according to the size set by the encoder and displayed on jog screen)

Mensajes Thu 20 Apr 23 @ 11:49 pm
Remap the buttons as loop_move -1 and loop_move +1

Mensajes Fri 21 Apr 23 @ 12:14 am
PhantomDeejay wrote :
Remap the buttons as loop_move -1 and loop_move +1

Thank you for that. if anyone else had a pioneer and is using this its actually as below. This takes the loop, no matter how many beats ,and moves the entire loop just like the Pioneer.
loop_move-100%
loop_move+100%

Mensajes Fri 21 Apr 23 @ 3:41 pm
92%