Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Tema: Optical DJ Cartridge
Please will you support the optical DJ Cartridge when it comes out? its under construction but would be the only 2 dimensional DJ cartridge in the world.

Mensajes Mon 09 Oct 23 @ 4:45 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
As I said in the other thread, if it spits out HID or MIDI then you can write a definition file for it yourself.

Mensajes Mon 09 Oct 23 @ 5:40 pm
Hello sorry for the late reply. I am not a coder I would not know how to write a definition file for it.

It will just spit out x and y delta rate. Similar to a mouse. Any chance I could get some help with this?

Mensajes Fri 20 Oct 23 @ 12:01 pm
Honestly you don't need to be a coder, sure it's not easy as a non coder but I managed to map a joypad to vdj with no help years ago, I wasn't a coder then and I'm only mistaken for a coder now.

have a read of
https://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/ControllerDefinitionHIDv8.html

try your device with HID trace [dl on the page] see if it makes some sort of sense, and yes you can have help but you have to do the initial stuff [we don't have a device, ... but I am just down road from you, on the m62 in happy valley]

Mensajes Fri 20 Oct 23 @ 12:14 pm
Wow thank you for the super quick reply. I think my device will come up on the com port of the device manager not a USB HID anymore. I thank you for that link. I will endevor to get this working once I get a working usb 2 device. Im not there yet. Im in Leeds phone number [AGAINST FORUM POLICY] I could bring a device to you maybe in a few months time....hopefully. I am working with an electronics company in Leeds at the moment.

thank you loads for your help.

Mensajes Fri 20 Oct 23 @ 12:24 pm
I've got your number but sharing contact details is against forum policy for Home licence users.

com port is a problem without a plugin for vdj[and slow], HID would be much easier and more responsive, if you could make it appear as a joystick HID device it would be better all round, both for vdj and any other dj software to offer support.

Mensajes Fri 20 Oct 23 @ 1:11 pm
Thank you for your post sorry about the phone number I thought it would be ok.
The development is still just begining but we can make the com port USB 2 speeds.
I understand a HID could be better I will ask around.

Thank you for your contribution.
Nik Baumann

Mensajes Fri 20 Oct 23 @ 1:43 pm
Hello Nik Baumann here its been 6 months or so but I now have 2 x HIDs that would work with Virtual DJ.

I am at the moment waiting for a working GUI to edit Counts per inch settings on the turntable Cartridges. This may take a couple of days. But I was hoping you could contact me and I can go see you with the HIDs. I would add to your beer fund. Is this message within the rules of the forum? I hope so! thx

Mensajes Wed 08 May 24 @ 7:44 am
Jump on my discord, we'll chat there, see what can be done remote.

Mensajes Wed 08 May 24 @ 11:39 am