Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: Video Sample stops after 30 mins
I have just purchased a video countdown to use on New Years Eve that is 62 mins in length. This is a 1 hour countdown clock (multiple different types of visual clocks), followed by a 2 mins firework display. The idea is to start this playing at 11:00 PM so that it hit's midnight with the countdown and fireworks. However, I'm testing this now and the sample stops playing at the 30 minute mark - every single time. Is there a setting somewhere that I'm missing - and how do I get it to play the whole 62 minute sample?

Mensajes Wed 27 Dec 23 @ 7:26 pm
What is the file type of the sample?
Are you playing it in a deck or in the sampler?
Do you have automix on or off?

There may be a limit of sorts as samples are supposed to be short files and not generally that length.

Mensajes Wed 27 Dec 23 @ 7:34 pm
It's an MP4 file, set up within the Sampler as part of a New Years sample group, and being played through the Sampler to the Master output - it's literally just a video to be playing on my big screen like a visualiser.
And no Automix as it will be running in the background whilst I perform using the main decks

Mensajes Wed 27 Dec 23 @ 7:41 pm
I agree you may well have run into a limit as it's in the sampler - and typically samples are short snippets of something.

I'd suggest pointing the slideshow plugin at it instead.

Mensajes Wed 27 Dec 23 @ 7:47 pm
Not used that before - I'll do some searching

Mensajes Wed 27 Dec 23 @ 7:48 pm
The slideshow will play whatever's in a folder, so make a folder with just that video in, then run the slideshow.

Mensajes Wed 27 Dec 23 @ 7:50 pm
Is that an extension, or already part of VDJ? Not finding it as an existing option

Mensajes Wed 27 Dec 23 @ 7:52 pm
Never mind, found it - cheers

Mensajes Wed 27 Dec 23 @ 7:57 pm
just to verify, playing video in the SAMPLER has a 30min limit.

I just had a msg to Adion last week about this question.
He replied that in deed sampler has a limit of 30min.

Mensajes Thu 28 Dec 23 @ 4:18 am