Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: OS2L - Page: 2
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Are you using soundswitch on the same computer or on a different one?

It works fine here

Mensajes Mon 05 Feb 24 @ 8:39 am
Just confirming that this still doesn't work (v2023 b7881) on my MacBook (M1 2020, Ventura 13.0.1). I'm running SoundSwitch (v2.8.2.5) on the same computer:

• SoundSwitch has VirtualDJ as the input in autoconnect mode
    switching to "on this computer" makes no difference.
  • VirtualDJ has os2l as auto
    Switching this to yes makes no difference.

Hitting any of the pads on the DMX pad page also doesn't make a difference (no connection is forced).

Mensajes Mon 05 Feb 24 @ 5:24 pm
Are you connected to a network?

Mensajes Mon 05 Feb 24 @ 5:45 pm
When I tried originally, I was connected to my router via Wi-Fi, but it still doesn't work with it disconnected, and I don't use a wired connect at all (I thought this would have been sorted through loopback interface which would be independent of a true network connection).

Mensajes Mon 05 Feb 24 @ 6:35 pm
Just checking in on this...is this still a real issue or is this an error in my configuration/setup?

Mensajes Tue 06 Feb 24 @ 12:56 am
We're still investigating. For me it works fine as long as I'm connected to a network before starting vdj and soundswitch, but they indeed don't connect when no network is present.

Mensajes Tue 06 Feb 24 @ 4:26 am
DJ VinylTouch wrote :
Just checking in on this...is this still a real issue or is this an error in my configuration/setup?

Its a real issue, still doesnt work on my end and SS is aware of the issue as well.

Mensajes Tue 06 Feb 24 @ 2:07 pm
Please try again with 7885

Mensajes Wed 07 Feb 24 @ 4:40 am
I tried it...the result is better (I can get it to connect now) but still buggy on my end (MacOS Ventura, 13.0.1, M1 MacBook Pro, SoundSwitch 2.8.2.5).

The main problem I found: I can't follow the SoundSwitch instructions for VirtualDJ as they are to get the connection working - the link isn't established until I do a network change event (toggle the connection state) /SoundSwitch network configuration change event (change from "auto connect" to "on this computer" or vice versa) outside of VirtualDJ and SoundSwitch both running.

Mensajes Wed 07 Feb 24 @ 3:31 pm
The video seems to have a mistake.
When the os2l setting in vdj is set to 'Auto', it will only attempt to create a connection when an os2l command is used (so one of the buttons on the dmx pad page for example)
If you want to make sure os2l connects without doing anything (as would be the case with soundswitch), it should be set to 'Yes'

Mensajes Wed 07 Feb 24 @ 4:02 pm
@Adion but that's the thing, when I have it set to auto, the DMX page buttons do not trigger the OS2L connection regardless. I'll make the change suggested and try again later.

Mensajes Wed 07 Feb 24 @ 5:08 pm
proartPRO InfinityMember since 2008
I can confirm 7885 doesn't connect to soundswitch.

MacBook Air 2020 8GB Ram
MacOS Sonoma
SoundSwitch installed on same Computer.

Reinstalled 7831 - works with SoundSwitch flawless.
Nothing changed in VDJ settings.

Mensajes Wed 07 Feb 24 @ 6:22 pm
os2l setting also set to yes?

Mensajes Wed 07 Feb 24 @ 6:28 pm
Yes, of coarse.
os2l is set to yes since over 3 years. Because auto never connected SoundSwitch on my computers windows and MacOS.

My Windows Notebook connects to Soundswitch with v7885 without problems. But I prefer the MacBook for Video output over Airplay.

Mensajes Wed 07 Feb 24 @ 7:45 pm
Adion wrote :
os2l setting also set to yes?

I just tried it...I can get it to connect with VirtualDJ's os2l setting set to yes without doing anything in VirtualDJ/SoundSwitch, but that was one quick try (I'm not sure if that is consistent behaviour).

Mensajes Wed 07 Feb 24 @ 8:09 pm
I think it (v2023 b7885) does work reliably with os2l set to yes with or without a network connection now from the few startup trials I have done. Auto doesn't work without external network change in my trials (the DMX pad page doesn't trigger anything anymore).

Mensajes Wed 07 Feb 24 @ 9:48 pm
Virtual DJ only connects to Soundswitch on the Macbook if the WiFi is off when Soundswitch starts. (VDJ Build 7885) The connection via network (VDJ on Macbook and Soundswitch on Win-PC) does not work either. Both programs on Pc-Win run without errors.

Mensajes Fri 09 Feb 24 @ 12:19 pm
Congrats @Adion

VDJ b7903 works on my MacBook Air 2020 ARM Sonoma with Soundswitch.
No settings changed on VDJ.

Thank you

Mensajes Wed 14 Feb 24 @ 11:09 am
Yes, it's working perfectly! Thanks to the team!

Mensajes Wed 14 Feb 24 @ 12:37 pm
Is there a new version called b7903???
Every time VDJ loses the connection to Soundswitch in the middle of the performance. It has something to do with the internet connection and its quality. And it has something to do with my Macbook Air M2, 2023. Because these problems didn't exist before. That was not the case before. When I switch from one network to the next - for example the iPhone's hotspot - the autoloops no longer work. The staticlooks are not affected by the problem.

I'm eagerly waiting for a solution. Either an update from VDJ or an update from Soundswitch.

Mensajes Wed 14 Feb 24 @ 3:40 pm
93%