Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Older Builds not showing up on site
Hello, seems all older builds have been removed from https://www.virtualdj.com/download/build.html . Only showing builds 8124 and above. Not even the first 2024 builds.
Could anyone help with this, unless it's a new unspoken decision, and what happens if one wants to roll-back to a build that once worked well for them, in this case 7921?

Mensajes Mon 15 Jul 24 @ 4:39 pm
RogerNEHome userMember since 2024
Yes, we use quite an old version at the club I DJ at . . . and would prefer to use that at home.

I just downloaded the 2020 version . . . but it looks horrible ! (everything is Black and Grey, so you can't read any of the tags)

Mensajes Mon 15 Jul 24 @ 4:51 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
@RogerNE then dl to usb from the club system

Mensajes Mon 15 Jul 24 @ 6:19 pm
RogerNEHome userMember since 2024
But can you download the whole software package after it's been installed? (rather than an Install programme, which isn't there)

I know that doesn't work on most software programmes.

Mensajes Mon 15 Jul 24 @ 9:48 pm
You've got VDJ installed on your computer at home already. Just replace the executable with the one from the club computer.

I suspect the advice from Atomix though, would be to always use the latest version, not something that's over four years old.

Mensajes Mon 15 Jul 24 @ 9:59 pm
we did remove the older builds, as a pro-active precaution against possible security problems.

just to be clear, we are not aware of any security issue with any older builds at the moment.
but since these builds are not maintained and we cannot keep testing them, there is always a small possibility that one day in the future, some hacker will find some exploit and get access to your computer if you use old unmaintained versions of any software (not only of Windows itself), so we do strongly advise people to use recent builds.

Mensajes Tue 16 Jul 24 @ 10:19 am
I recently factory reset one of my machines. I could really use a download of Build 7921. I have several laptops that I would need to re-work my entire workflow with the VDJ 2024 and don't have the time to do so at the moment. While I do intend to do that in the future, I need this version as everything I have is setup for pre-VDJ

Mensajes Wed 17 Jul 24 @ 2:07 am
Try installing the latest build, then move the .exe file from one of your other laptops, together with everything else you would normally move (music, database, settings and so on) and then overwrite the new exe file with the old one from the other laptop

Then start VDJ, and my guess is that it will work just fine
IF some folder are missing, you can do a root folder reset in the bottom right to get them back

Mensajes Wed 17 Jul 24 @ 7:57 am
Found this thread looking for 7921, the terminal release of the previous version before the big changes of 2024. Please consider adding this back to the downloads.
7921 appears to download from other file silo sites, but would be better if available from the official site again.

Mensajes Thu 18 Jul 24 @ 5:03 am