Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: Virtual DJ froze and sometimes crashes
MADM!XXPRO InfinityMember since 2023
Last night at my gig Virtual DJ just froze and had to be cancelled. I couldn't load any more tracks. Previously I had a Numark Mixtrack Platinum controller and there where sometimes problems loading tracks. Now I use a Denon DJ Prime 4+ and problems occur more frequently. But since I suspect that it's not the controller, as the tracks are loaded exclusively via Virtual DJ, I think it's VDJ.

A couple of days earlier VDJ crashes after moving Tracks from Beatport Link to my local Playlists.

Is there any way of finding out what is happening? A crash log or something like that?

License: Virtual DJ Pro Infinity
VDJ Version: latest one
Controller: Denon DJ Prime 4+
Laptop: Acer Nitro 5 - RTX 3060

If you need more Information, please let me know.

Edit: I found in my profile folder c:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\VirtualDJ
a file named Log Report.txt with following content. Times are German CEST

--- 2024/08/31 - 22:19 (8280)
[22:19:11] Thread Song freezed.
[22:20:11] Thread Song freezed.
--- 2024/09/03 - 21:14 (8280)
[21:14:31] Thread browser freezed.
--- 2024/09/07 - 22:57 (8280)
[22:57:35] Thread Song freezed.
[23:01:05] Thread browser freezed.
[23:01:15] Thread deck freezed.

Mensajes Sun 08 Sep 24 @ 9:02 am

Mensajes Sun 08 Sep 24 @ 11:54 am
Danke @BENZ WERNER

Ich schau mir das mal an.

But maybe the Support Team has further ideas

Mensajes Sun 08 Sep 24 @ 3:04 pm
Unfortunately the problem still exists and needs to be fixed. Maybe the support has an idea and can help.

What other information is needed so that support can take a deeper look

Mensajes Tue 10 Sep 24 @ 5:23 pm
no one has any more ideas? Or any help from the support team about the freezing and crashing topic?

Mensajes 7 days ago @ 2:08 pm
380euros subscription and still crashes and freezes ,
me it's the same
but only freeze for 1-2 second in every gig

Mensajes 6 days ago @ 1:47 pm
I experienced a freeze too yesterday.. and experienced this many times before.. I use a Denon too.. (Prime GO).
Screen goes white when it still keeps playing the song. On a gig I always have my phone standby to take over, but when you have visuals playing or a lightshow that's synchronised, it is not an option.

Sometimes a restart of Virtual DJ results in weird behavior. All songs will start scanning again and the library seems to miss lots of song because scanning like 20k songs takes hours.. in fact Virtual DJ still then still is active and the medialibrary ocupied or something. a complete Windows Reboot is the only way out then... Really annoying.

I just hooked up my old MC6000mk2 and found it still working on W11. Actually the X-fader on my Prime Go needs a service and decided to do some gigs with the MC6000. I'm curious if I'll experience freezes with latest Virtual DJ builds.. I never had those with the MC6000 but at the time I was at W10.
Maybe it's even a hardware problem, or maybe even a problem with W11.

Mensajes 5 days ago @ 7:30 pm
yeah it could be a software problem... last time i where on w10 and on my laptop i am with win11. So i think it can be a driver issue or something else.
But these are always just guesses. I wonder whether VDJ can help or whether Denon might need to supply an updated driver.
I was hoping that VDJ would get in touch and provide support. This would rule out a source of error and I could contact Denon and ask for new drivers.

Mensajes 4 days ago @ 2:16 pm
I already contacted Denon regarding the MCX8000 ASIO drivers cutting out (it's pretty much the same driver they have used for every product since the HC-4500 in 2008) and they just told me to optimize my computer.

Some machines work perfectly with it and others don't, but more specific to Windows 11. Simple as that.

Mensajes 4 days ago @ 2:34 pm
@MADM!XX
have you tested parkcontrol and process lasso ??
I am convinced that your problem can be solved with this !

Mensajes 4 days ago @ 2:47 pm
Today I started playing Virtual DJ with my MC6000 mk2 connected at 9 'o clock in the morning till the late evening.. and also yesterday evening.. no freezes..

I remember once having a feeze with the MC6000, but that was the only time.. and my system at that time was very buggy due to some faulty HUB setup and stuff connected.

I started having freezes earlier this year.. But at that time I also had SoundSwitch (DMX program) working together). It also could be due to a faulty build.. it depends on so many factors, hardware or software.

I started a topic about my Denon Prime GO, as I was experiencing audio cracks.. higher asio buffer size didn't solve this.. I probably had this solved by activating an Ultimate Power Plan on my W11 (home version) Laptop.
The Ultimate Power Plan will drain out your battery and heat up your Powersupply.. but otherwise prevent you for underpowering stuff, as it is sort-of going to sleep mode.. The funny thing.. I got a freeze after I activated the Ultimate Powerplan. But I also had an external touchscreen which was just connected to Powersupply. Normally this is done by a USB3 Thunderbolt cable.. (data and power combined).

I'd like to think the freezes are caused by virtual DJ software, but all these external stuff connected probably won't make it more stable. I use virtual DJ all the time with only laptop speakers and nothing connected.. never had one problem or freeze.

Mensajes 4 days ago @ 1:26 am
Benz Werner wrote :
@MADM!XX
have you tested parkcontrol and process lasso ??
I am convinced that your problem can be solved with this !

okay i tried only parkcontrol but i will check the process lasso as well. So let me check out this and i come back to this topic

Mensajes 2 days ago @ 8:22 am
With parkcontrol you can only set your PC to maximum performance !
Process lasso prevents running programs from falling asleep !

Mensajes 2 days ago @ 10:16 am
Benz Werner wrote :

I read it... but i assign vdj all possible 16 cpu to use... is it the only thing i have to adjust or are some more changes to do?

Mensajes 2 days ago @ 3:16 pm
MADM!XX wrote :
Benz Werner wrote :

I read it... but i assign vdj all possible 16 cpu to use... is it the only thing i have to adjust or are some more changes to do?

Normally you don't have to adjust anything unless something causes problems.
See also > https://bitsum.com/process-lasso-faq/

Mensajes 2 days ago @ 5:29 pm
Benz Werner wrote :
MADM!XX wrote :
Benz Werner wrote :

Normally you don't have to adjust anything unless something causes problems.
See also > https://bitsum.com/process-lasso-faq/

yesterday virtualdj froze again. Even with active Process Lasso. The whole afternoon it worked without any problems when sorting the music into the playlists. Then in the evening at the live gig, VDJ froze when switching to another playlist (from Beatport Playlist to a local playlist and back again) and I couldn't perform any file actions (changing directories etc.) and had to quit VDJ and restart it. This is of course very bad in a live gig and really throws you off your game.

Mensajes yesterday @ 4:06 pm
Is there any other info you may have omitted in terms of things running on the system?
Are you by chance using a connected VirtualDJ Remote device as well as SoundSwitch running on the same machine?
I'm on a Mac, but I have experienced a freeze at a gig once before (last Christmas) while having at least one device running the remote connected, while running SoundSwitch on the machine with a lightshow - restart + removal of the VirtualDJ Remote device resolved the issue for me. If you can run a gig or personal mix at home with just VirtualDJ and have no freeze, it could be a combination with some external device/software that is causing the problem.

Mensajes yesterday @ 4:27 pm
DJ VinylTouch wrote :
Is there any other info you may have omitted in terms of things running on the system?
Are you by chance using a connected VirtualDJ Remote device as well as SoundSwitch running on the same machine?
I'm on a Mac, but I have experienced a freeze at a gig once before (last Christmas) while having at least one device running the remote connected, while running SoundSwitch on the machine with a lightshow - restart + removal of the VirtualDJ Remote device resolved the issue for me. If you can run a gig or personal mix at home with just VirtualDJ and have no freeze, it could be a combination with some external device/software that is causing the problem.

No, I don't use any other software on the laptop apart from Virtual DJ. Only the two suggested tools Park Control and Process Lasso. However, these have not yet had the desired effect. I'll keep testing.

Mensajes 21 hours ago
Are you able to recreate the issue at home, or does it only seem to happen at gigs?

Does it happen after a certain period of time, or sequence of events?
Any info like the above is crucial in trying to troubleshoot the problem.

Also have you reached out to VDJ support, as they may be able to assist better than us on the forum.

Mensajes 5 hours ago
Dirty power source in a particular place or venue?

Mensajes 5 hours ago