Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: xp-10 question on setup

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

ok i am thinking about going with xp-10s instead of waiting for behringer bcd2000 or djconsole mk2... plus i think i would be much happier with xp10s. i would like to use 2 xp1os and an external mixer. my question is would i have to use a different soundcard to be able to cue up with headphones if i use a regular mixer or not... or could i just get a usb mixer?? sorry if this has been covered already just trying to find out what exacttly i need.

Mensajes Tue 18 Oct 05 @ 4:04 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
each XP10 has it's own soundcard, but for you to cue music you would be using your mixer, nothing else would be needed. For example(without xp10's) if you were to split the sound from one soundcard (maybe your on-board card) using a Y adapter you would be able to connect the split signal to use both channels in the mixer with one soundcard, your mixer then would allow you to hear both signals

Mensajes Tue 18 Oct 05 @ 4:32 pm
ok so i could use any mixer not necasarrily a usb mixer because the audio signal is passing thru the actually xp10s.. correct?

Mensajes Tue 18 Oct 05 @ 4:35 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
The XP10 are controllers AND sound card too. Were going in steps... you need VDJ, the next step is a sound card but if you use the XP10 soundcards you don't need other than that. The next step is connect the XP10 to your mixer. After doing this the mixer has a headphone monitor, you don't need anything else.

If you don't get the XP10 for any reason, you may need a soundcard to plug your computer to the mixer, unless you got a USB mixer with USB soundcard in it... If you don't have a mixer with integrated soundcards (like USB mixer have) you may need a sound card to work properly.

Is more clear now?

Mensajes Tue 18 Oct 05 @ 5:26 pm
yeah i understand thanks. i know if i dont get the xp 10s i will go tcv with a usb soundcard but the xp10s are looking more and more appealing

Mensajes Tue 18 Oct 05 @ 5:37 pm
ok i dont think i'm calcualting this right... for a pair of xp10s its like $800 jesus thats alot of money

Mensajes Tue 18 Oct 05 @ 6:39 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
That's why many of here look other options... Dac2 or Dac3... DJConsole... Behringer BCD-2000 (if it finally will show up)... from $220 to $499 max.

Mensajes Tue 18 Oct 05 @ 7:47 pm
you better off with cd players or turntables. depending on your budget

http://www.pssl.com/bitemdetail~eqint_KeyIDdata~38869~UID~2005101711000586~TType~2.tpl

http://www.pssl.com/bitemdetail~waGroup1datarq~[waGroup1datarq]~eqint_KeyIDdata~39869~itemNumber~[item_number]~UID~2005101711000586~disp_IMG~Y~catgroup~%5BcatGroup%5D.tpl

http://www.pssl.com/bitemdetail~waGroup1datarq~[waGroup1datarq]~eqint_KeyIDdata~22060~itemNumber~[item_number]~UID~2005101711000586~disp_IMG~Y~catgroup~%5BcatGroup%5D.tpl

for some examples

Mensajes Tue 18 Oct 05 @ 8:11 pm
well i guess your right... i think i would prefer TT ive been looking at the gemini tt-02 for a little while now... i guess that would make more sense because i will be able to play true vinyl as well. next mission to track down a soundcard that suits my usb needs the best.

Mensajes Wed 19 Oct 05 @ 5:11 pm
Gauge, get a maya 44 usb , they are not making them anymore so grab one up soon. There are many other options with standard cards but not too many for usb(in the same price range)

Mensajes Wed 19 Oct 05 @ 6:01 pm
you can also get the numark t60, it has a little better stop and start from what i read, same price as Gemini. I personally like both as a good middle road TT.

http://www.pssl.com/bitemdetail~waGroup1datarq~[waGroup1datarq]~eqint_KeyIDdata~40118~itemNumber~[item_number]~UID~2005101711000586~disp_IMG~Y~catgroup~%5BcatGroup%5D.tpl

either would be fine, i never stop and start much, i only stop to hold a cue point, and now VDJ takes care of that so i almost never hit stop.

Mensajes Wed 19 Oct 05 @ 6:21 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)