Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: ASIO Ucon Cx

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hello, i have only recenlty purchased VirtualDJ, the only reasobn i purchased it was to use its vinyl control using ASIO. The Asio Device setup is not working.... i have contacted support but their is no reply yet and searched these forums... I have tested various things, to solve it to no avail. ASIO works fine with all my other software (Reason, Nuendo, DJDecks, Maxi-Patch) butanyhow still reinstalled the drivers to see if they where at fault but nope.....Addtionaly this card has its own ASIO driver, and does not eed any of the wrappers... so i am not willing to use any of them...
with out asio VirtualDJ is usless to me so i fear i may have just wasted my money =(

Mensajes Wed 26 Oct 05 @ 5:39 pm
did you not have acess to the demo before purchasing? As we told you you must use asio for all with this card.

Mensajes Wed 26 Oct 05 @ 7:11 pm
Nope unfortunatly the Demo could not demonstrate these features :( at least as far i am aware, and who told me this also :S

Mensajes Wed 26 Oct 05 @ 7:26 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
What sound card are you using?

Mensajes Wed 26 Oct 05 @ 10:56 pm
Does'nt matter i have fixed Thanks to the Great *Cough* Customer serivce *Said Sarcasticly* No actualy i sorted it, iu have to disab;le my sound card then reenable it while running the app strangly, i think the app was fighting against its self for control of the asio driver, because their is and was no other apps running at the time now i have configed it, it now opens freely all the time :S, the vinyl control sucks compared to DJdecks :( its master tempo is somewhat better however :)

Mensajes Wed 26 Oct 05 @ 11:13 pm

Mensajes Wed 26 Oct 05 @ 11:17 pm
i have 2ms, trust me DJdecks destroys Virtual DJ its not an opinion its a fact, the time code that virtual DJ uses is avarage at best... Djdecks supports Ms pinky which is possibly the best time code avaialbe if its not then its either Final Scratch or Serato their all pretty close PCDJ even uses the Pinky code :D, it would be easy to implement it to VDJ as their is a SDK avaialbe for it :) i would be realy impressed if VDJ added this

Mensajes Wed 26 Oct 05 @ 11:25 pm
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
but then they would loose out on the 15 euro for a disk. we all know atomix and i can tell you this is the sort of good idea they dont do. (but natuarly i still HOPE they will) i love pink vinyl lol

Mensajes Thu 27 Oct 05 @ 8:58 am
but then again it means they dont have to produce the disks anymore or even work on a better time code system thus saving time and money

Mensajes Thu 27 Oct 05 @ 2:33 pm
try http://www.kxproject.com/ sound card drivers they support ASIO and u will be impressed with the speed up of virtual dj - its like twice as fast in response times now wow

general advantages of the kx project drivers
--------------------------------------------
smaller download / software takes up less space on disk
mixer is skinnable
API is open -- SDK, documentation and sample code available for download
skilled users can write their own effects and plugins
open API allows development of custom mixers and other software applications
better functionality

better DSP support [hardware-accelerated custom sound effects]
virtually unlimited signal routing possibilities
complete and flexible control over hardware (without artificially imposed limitations)
direct uninterpolated SPDIF recording from Optical, Coaxial and CDSPDIF sources
GSIF support
bit-to-bit 16/48 playback and recording (SPDIF, Audigy)
better ASIO support

ASIO is supported for all the 10k1 & 10k2-based boards
ASIO v2 based hosts are fully supported
better MIDI support

kX VSTi and kX Automation provide MIDI-based control of DSP effects
extended MIDI CC support
both SoundFont 2.01 & AWE NRPN support

taken from kxproject site itself

Regards

DjElvIsAlive

Mensajes Thu 10 Nov 05 @ 7:52 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
i have tried the kxproject drivers and they seem to work for some (not me) but i find asio4all a lot more easier to setup and very works well with many cards. I fooled around with KX multiple times and found that configuration screen one of the most complicated i have every tried. I would advise trying asio4all 1st and when that fails then maybe KX. With asio4all i get about 5ms of latency and very responsive.

Mensajes Thu 10 Nov 05 @ 8:23 pm
i think in the club these driver would only be more stable and true workaround in getting the orginal sound to your amp in say 24/96 performance in 'Digital' mode with a 24bit SPDIF Output
the sound iq is only perfect with the kx-project drivers

-----------------------------------------------
taken from kx-project site url here : http://kxproject.lugosoft.com/tech.php?language=en

Technical Guide for Playback and Recording
Tweaking kX Driver for ultimate performance
Status of this document: DRAFT
Comments and bug reports are welcome
Introduction
kX-compatible audio cards are based on the E-mu 10k1 and 10k2 processors, which are quite complicate devices. Using all the features of these audio cards requires certain level of understanding of their internals.

Installation and system requirements
First, you need to check if the kX Audio Driver has been installed correctly and is functioning properly. Right after reboot, you should see kX Tray icon in your System Tray. Also, check 'Control Panel' - 'Sounds and Audio Devices' - 'Audio' tab: for each Wave device click 'Advanced...' button and check if 'Speaker set-up' is set to '5.1 surround sound speakers', 'Hardware acceleration' is set to 'Full' and 'Sample rate conversion quality' is set to 'Best'.

kX Mixer automatically configures all these parameters, except 'Hardware acceleration', since, due to Microsoft limitations, this option cannot be changed by Software. Most OSes set 'Hardware acceleration' to 'Full', however, Windows 2000 and some other OSes use different default values.

Why should you set 'Sampling rate conversion quality'? kX Audio Driver does NOT provide any software Sample Rate Conversion and only uses hardware-accelerated features of your audio hardware. That's why any unsupported feature will be implemented in Software, in general, by the KMixer (Kernel Streaming Mixer) component of your OS (a part of DirectSound). This option ensures the best algorithms are used for audio conversion.

kX Audio Driver exposes different audio devices: Wave 0/1, Wave 4/5 etc... Any reference to 'Wave 0/1' usually applies to any 'Wave x/x' device, but not necessarily to 'Wave HQ'. For additional information on 'Wave x/x' assignment, please review our 'Routings Guide'.

The best results can only be achieved under Windows 2000, Windows XP and later OSes. Windows 98SE and Windows Millenium have certain bugs in the KMixer and DirectSound implementations, causing severe audio distortion (in particular, -6dB software-based attenuation).

Playing back 24/96 content
The only card that supports 'native' 24/96 playback is Audigy2. kX Audio Driver (version 3537 and later) fully supports this feature. However, you need to keep in mind that 24/96 functionality is implemented in a 'tricky' way due to hardware design. Since the DSP is still operating at 16(24)/48, all the 24/96 content is played back via a separate hardware chip called 'p16v' (Some additinal information can be found in our Audigy2 / P16V Routings guide). The audio data gets directly to the i2s / spdif codecs and interfaces and is NOT processed by the DSP. However, the p16v output is also routed to the 10k2 chip and is available in the DSP by means of the 'p16v' plugin. Note that the incoming 24/96 audio data is resampled before it gets into the DSP. Both 10k2 and p16v output streams are mixed (and re-sampled when necessary) before they get to the i2s / spdif codecs and interfaces. (More information on i2s / spdif assignments can be found in our kX IO Assignments guide).

So, for instance, when you playback any 16/48 content via 'generic' audio devices (such as "Wave 0/1"), the audio stream is processed by the DSP and goes to the p16v mixer. If there is no simultaneous 24/96 playback, the audio data is passed to the i2s / spdif codecs and interfaces. NOTE: spdif frequency depends on user setting (found on the main page of the kX Mixer), so, if you set SPDIF frequency to, say, 96000, the data is resampled. Also note, that i2s codecs always operate in 24/96 mode by default (and the preset driver implementation doesn't change this setting).

For 24/96 playback, kX Audio Driver exposes a special 'Wave HQ' device. When it is active, the audio stream goes to the p16v device and, optionally, to the DSP (resampled to 48000 frequency, the bitness of the incoming signal is unknown, but is probably 16 or 24 bit). If you start simultaneous 16/48 playback or use the 'p16v' plugin in the DSP, the 10k2 output is automatically resampled to 24/96 and is mixed with the original 24/96 content.

That is, you can, for example, use the 'Wave HQ' device for high-quality 24/96 playback, while using the DSP for, say, Reverberation processing (in 16/48). Both audio streams will be mixed and will be sent to the i2s codecs (in 24/96) and to the spdif interface (resampled to user-selectable frequency). Please note, that the DSP output is always 24/48 (not 16/48) for any outputs except AC97.

For measuring 24/96 performance in 'Digital' mode, make sure to set the appropriate SPDIF Output frequency in the kX Mixer. For 10k2-based boards, the SPDIF interfaces are always configured to produce 24-bit output.

Please keep in mind that while measuring 'Wave HQ' performance (24/96 playback), the DSP is still functioning and might affect the results. So, you may need to disable the Reverb effect and ensure the output is '-inf' (by opening the 'Peak' plugin).

Disabling Reverberation: Since reverberation algorithms usually produce infinite response ('reverb trail'), simply setting Reverb level to '0' won't give you '-inf' at the outputs. You will need to manually disable the particular Reverb effect in the kX DSP window.

-----------------------------------------

READ THIS :The AC97 Codecs used in SBLive! cards are rather noisy devices (when compared to I2S Codecs), and this leads to some quality problems. As a rule, SBLive Rear outputs have much better Signal To Noise Ratio (SNR), Total Harmonic Distortion (THD) and Channel Separation (acs) since they use the I2S Codec. So, if you want to get better sound quality for music playback it is recommended that you plug your speakers into the 'Rear Out' and enable the 'Swap Front and Rear' kX Mixer option (the swap is enabled by default).

The Audigy and Audigy2 cards use both AC97 and I2S Codecs for Front output and this theoretically gives you rather good Front quality. But nevertheless, the AC97 Codec causes some distortion and thus the same procedure is recommended for use with Audigy / Audigy2 cards as well.

Certain Audigy2 Platinum Ex cards lack AC97 codec and thus don't require Front and Rear outputs to be swapped.

Of course, the above should be considered as a recommendation only.

Mensajes Thu 10 Nov 05 @ 10:11 pm
DjElvIsAlive,

Thanks for the detailed information (and URL could be enough). I agree with Listen2, for me don't work KX Project, I have and Audigy 2 ZS Platinum and use the drivers provide with my soundcard and I have 2 ms Latency in ASIO mode. Works better for me than KX Drivers. With ASIO4ALL I get less problems when I has test it.

Mensajes Thu 10 Nov 05 @ 11:25 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)