Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: my computer good enough

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

my computer at home i will be using for virtual dj with TCV.

2.06 ghz proccessor i belive amd athalon
1 gb ram
windows xp sp2

will this be good enough of or do i need a faster processor?

Mensajes Tue 01 Nov 05 @ 11:16 am
2.06ghz or maybe 2.6 ghz? (Big difference).
I think it is enough if the cpu is at 2.6ghz. More RAM is always better, but should be sufficient. But remember, tweaking your system with a nice Win XP tweaking tool, should free up more resources for the program. Really recommend you to do that.

Mensajes Tue 01 Nov 05 @ 1:01 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
i'm working ok on a 1.7 Ghz and it runs great so i think you would be just fine, and you have twice the pc i have

Mensajes Tue 01 Nov 05 @ 2:38 pm
pretty sure its 2.06 and i will turn off all the xp crap when i get home like i did on my laptop i am currently using while deployed. xp sucks the crap outta memory... but i noticed a big difference on my laptop with mp3 loading times on the desks when i turned all the junk off... i would like to build a media center to use for vdj (from ibuypower.com) but thats a pretty penny... would like 3.8 ghz 2 gb ram etc but kinda hard to buy turntables, mixer, maya44, TCV, and media center as well as bills and stuff for newborn , on the tiny bit of money us soldiers get. but that is definatly what i would like to do in the future... that is if i am any good... havent even spun one record in my life ... haha

Mensajes Tue 01 Nov 05 @ 6:12 pm
i will mainly be using the setup for small parties "friends only usually", making my own cd mixes, and i would like to broadcast on the radio bout 8 hours a week. mainly hip-hop, some trance... enough trance on vdj radio already i think

Mensajes Tue 01 Nov 05 @ 6:14 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
@Dj Gauge
When you going home? If you never mixed, you will love it for sure!! Take care man!

Mensajes Thu 03 Nov 05 @ 9:57 am
i will be home in mid january and finally out of this hellhole after a year of hell

Mensajes Fri 04 Nov 05 @ 10:05 am
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
Good Luck Gauge, and see you back home in January ;-)

Take care yourself.

Mensajes Fri 04 Nov 05 @ 4:38 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)