Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Make a internal HD an external

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
Maybe i was in the dark but i just found these adapters that can make an internal hard drives convert into a usb External drive, for $20. Anyone ever use one?

Mensajes Wed 09 Nov 05 @ 3:17 pm
lol yep, you were in the dark.

These adapters have been out now for nearly a year. they work just like a regular external HDD but are even cheaper and easier to replace :D

Mensajes Wed 09 Nov 05 @ 3:20 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
:) those things are nice i got an 80 gig just sitting here collecting dust, i figured they have been out a bit but i never thought of it. Looks like i going order a few.

Mensajes Wed 09 Nov 05 @ 5:09 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003

Mensajes Wed 09 Nov 05 @ 6:13 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
Listen2,

I recommend you an aluminum case, the are better for large HD (200GB or more). Some cases couldn't work with more than 200GB. Check the one you're going to buy.

Mensajes Wed 09 Nov 05 @ 7:19 pm
DjGazUKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I have a desktop PC (kind of rackmounted in my "trolly"). With a couple of removeable hard drive Caddy's in it.

Mensajes Tue 20 Dec 05 @ 4:29 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005

It's a different thing. Your caddy's are useless if you don't use that equipment. With an external USB (Or FireWire) Hard Disk you could use it in other Computer in case you need to and could be in hot plug, you don't have to power off your PC to take your USB disk. It's cheaper, faster than a laptop harddisk. For Desktops could be a good backup.

Mensajes Tue 20 Dec 05 @ 5:03 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)