Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: HELP-Unstable VDJ-Need expert advice

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

cinfxPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I Need your help quickly i am giving VDJ a first chance in public in 7 days...
. For me, it never was stable more than one hour. Maybe you'll come up with a configuration that will help me making the 18th of november, a night they will remember...for good reasons!

problem 1: Sometimes when i load a song, the sound will mute for one second

problem 2: Is this an easy way to assign the videocrossfader and the samples to my Edirol Keyboard?

problem 3: Video is 90% of the time at 30 fps. I need 100%.I have a powerful laptop with a Gforce card. Video has been ripped from the video dvd's of Promo Only. So they are mpg2 files. I have some mpg1 files from the intenret. But i prefer buying my stuff, so i can have support if i am not happy. Same thing for the songs, they come from Beatport and are MP3 encoded at 320kbps. I have a few ones from my own collection that are 160 or 190.

problem 4: I've install VDJ 3 and upgrade to 3.1..I now have the 3.1 full installer. Is this better to install it that way or it makes no difference?

problem 5: Out of nowhere, in a middle of a song, the sound mute for 4 seconds, the songs freeze and everything went back to normal after.

Problem 6: If i cue a song at , let's say for example at one minute, and if i come back a few minutes later and change my mind, i can't rewind the song. It looks like the data has disappear. I sometimes have to reload the song 2 or 3 times to see my data again.

Here's my configuration. I am not a genius in computer but i know how to build them myself. So if you have some configuration ideas for me, please go ahead.

Using a Toshiba P20 ( laptop ) 3.04 GHZ with 1GB of Ram
The songs are on a USB hard drive 2.0, Western Digital 160GB.

OS is Windows XP service Pack 2
NO games, no software installed. Only VDJ and the new MixVibes 6 Pro that i just bought. It is not working and their tech support is not replying to me...On VDJ support page, i was answered everytime in 24-48 hours...

Sound card is Maya USB 44..I hate that card. I have the latest drivers, and like previous drivers, if you unplug the card and replug it few minutes later, you'll have to re-install the drivers...WEIRD!!

Controllers are 2 Numark CDX with your timecoded CD. Is this more stable with timecoded vinyls? I have them, i can switch to my old SL-1200, but i prefer my CDX. In the configuration menu the signal is 100% on both. The CDX are connected directly into the Maya sound card.

Thanks all...VDJ rocks..when it's working fine...I feel am a better DJ since i am using that software.

Eric

Mensajes Sat 12 Nov 05 @ 10:57 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
sounds like a RAM issue, check to see the virtual memory setting, you certainly have enough at 1gb,

Mensajes Sat 12 Nov 05 @ 11:05 pm
cinfxPRO InfinityMember since 2005
DO you have a setting to propose ? Does VDJ need something special to be happy?

Sorry for my english i am a french speaking person.

Thanks

Mensajes Sat 12 Nov 05 @ 11:13 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
A) "problem 5: Out of nowhere, in a middle of a song, the sound mute for 4 seconds, the songs freeze and everything went back to normal after."

1)
Do you wait for the end of the first load before loading the second track?
2)
I would say that's the problem is the external hard disk: i don't really advise usb2 when you need a fast transfert of data

B) "if you unplug the card and replug it few minutes later, you'll have to re-install the drivers...WEIRD!!"

=> don't change the usb port

Mensajes Sat 12 Nov 05 @ 11:29 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005

It's a problem with the whole system. You have to clean your TEMP directories (also your internet explorer Cache) and defrag your disk. In the Control Panel options go to ENERGY Options and chage from Laptop or Mobil use to Desktop or Office use. Let your USB 2.0 in a single USB port not in a HUB port or in a port that is share with other devices.

Let me know how is going after that.

Mensajes Tue 15 Nov 05 @ 2:24 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)