Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Soundcard for Home User

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I purchased the full version of VDJ and wanted to know what kind of sound card do you recommend, for me to hear one deck out of the headphones and the other deck out of the speakers before I mix the songs. I have a home pc with your standard green, blue, and pink inputs in the rear. I am a home user, and will not be connecting any other devices. I don't believe I can do what I want to do with the soundcard or motherboard connections that I presently have.

Thank you,
Mike

Mensajes Wed 16 Nov 05 @ 9:49 pm
PionaraPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hey Mike...:o)

Well, you don't believe that you can do what you want to do? Well, myself and about a thousand others will probably disagree with you!!!

What exactly DO you want to do??? This will determine the type of soundcard setup that you will be looking for.

If you're only looking to mix from home and just play around then your current setup should be fine, but if you're going to into the commercial 'dj in the pub/club scene' then you're going to need something a bit better than a standard soundcard.

The Maya 44 usb s/card is apparently the best there is for this software. Personally, i use a simple soundblaster live/trust 5.1 soundcard which gives the results i want, but i don't do clubs/pubs, i only do functions...you know, weddings, birthdays, etc...you can see my blog for more info.

Any soundcard will let you cue tunes with the full version i think, it depends on how you set up your soundcard config...i.e. are you going to mixer, straight to speakers?

If you let us know what you're trying to do, we can help you out...:o)

Cheers...and keep spinnin'

P

Mensajes Thu 17 Nov 05 @ 2:18 am
As a home user I would recommend the Hercules Console...

Its good for home practice, and a great soundcard...

It has midi controll for the software, and headphone out...

It also have 2x line in, if you at a later stage want to go more pro by adding timecode and turntable.

Mensajes Thu 17 Nov 05 @ 1:03 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)