Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Long filenames inside a ZIP wont seem to load

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

lmichelPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I took a karaoke zip file and tried to load it onto a deck and get ERROR in the title area of the deck.
But other karaoke zips seem to load just fine. After examining the difference very closely, it appeared to be related to the filename length of either the CDG or the MP3.
So I took a non-working set which had these names:
SC7503-14 - Cocker, Joe - You Are So Beautiful.cdg
SC7503-14 - Cocker, Joe - You Are So Beautiful.mp3

and extracted them - then renamed them to:
SC7503-14.cdg
SC7503-14.mp3

then re-zipped them into a new zip file.

The new zip loads and plays just fine.

Bug?

Thanks,
Lance (lmichel)

Mensajes Sun 18 Dec 05 @ 7:00 pm
sure it was not something wrong with the original zipfile?

try making a zip file again, and this time leave the names like they where....

Do they load fine now?

Mensajes Sun 18 Dec 05 @ 8:45 pm
Well, Well, Well
Interesting....
Yes they load just fine now.
I rezipped them without changing the .cdg & .mp3 filenames.
I changed the zip file name from:
Sc7503-14 - Cocker, Joe - You Are So Beautiful
to
Sc8503-14 - Cocker, Joe - You Are So Beautiful
Just so it wouldn't conflict on the desktop.
So now I'm wondering why the originals don't load. This is a real problem, because more than half of my karaoke collection has this problem. The other interesting thing is that all of my files load ok with S&D's.
This why I was almost certain that it was a bug..
Any hints?

Thanks,
Lance

Mensajes Sun 18 Dec 05 @ 10:26 pm
Really not sure.. I just thought that the filename length could not be it. And you have proven that :)

So, its something with the way the original zip files are coded, as they work fine when you recode them to zip again..

Just a "silly" quick check question.... are they really ZIPPED?
Not using RAR or any other compression ?

are there any "protection" on the zip files? Like have Sax and Dotty (or how you spell it) put a password protection on the zipfiles? or anyting like that?

Try double click one original zip file, does Winzip say anyting about being password protected?

Just thinking out of the blue, because I really have no idea why they dont work originally, but work great when re-zipped.

If you can't find out why, please let us know, so that you can e-mail us one of the zip-files to check why.

Mensajes Mon 19 Dec 05 @ 1:31 am
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
More than likely the just weren't zipped right it happens to me a few times a week ....but since i caught on to it i just rezip and they seem to work fine it get's really annoying when u have over 35,000 zips to look through i think it has something to do with the reported file size or maybe it's that the name of the songs inside don't match the zip files name

Mensajes Mon 19 Dec 05 @ 5:01 pm
I examined the 'bad' zips very closely. There's nothing preventing winzip or Sax & Dotty's app from opening them. Next, I'm going to try an older version of VDJ to see if maybe the bad zips will load.

Mensajes Wed 21 Dec 05 @ 1:05 am
frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
I bet the problem is the way they are zipped. DO you know what utility was used to zip them originally? Probably not winzip, maybe pkzip or something else. Winzip knows how to unzip using various compression algorithms, but uses a standard algorithm by default to create a zipfile and apparently VDJ understands that algorithm, but possibly chokes on some of the others. If we can determine which algorithms it chokes on, then perhaps support for those can be integrated into VDJ as well, making it more robust and thereby advancing its domination of the entire DJ, VJ, and Karaoke world! ;)

Mensajes Tue 27 Dec 05 @ 4:08 pm
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
i tried to send you a copy Norway, but it came back as unable to deliver

Mensajes Thu 29 Dec 05 @ 8:05 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)