Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Please suggest basic setup

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I dj ocassionally for very special events. I purchased VDJ to try out on my home pC and want to use it on my laptop to dj at an event. What do you suggest as far as recreating a traditional mixer/ headphone setup. Basically I want to send sound on a main line and be able to pre listen on the hphones. Im a little confused as how to set this up for the laptop or even my home pc. What sound card features am I lookng for and which sound configuration works best as far as sound signal quality.

In a laptop, would the recommended sound card have to be external?

Mensajes Tue 20 Dec 05 @ 2:43 am
PionaraPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi nixer_nixer

If you will be using your pc to dj at special events, then you would probably be better getting an external soundcard. The maya 44 usb is a favoured one here.

You simply have a usb connection to your soundcard and the go from there to your mixer and amp and then your speakers. This will allow you to pre-listen or cue your tracks as you desire.

There are other types of soundcard available, but from using a laptop i'm not sure. A regular laptop s/card, unless it's really good, will not give you the same functionality as an external one.

From your home pc, you would have at least a 4.1 s/card. I use a 5.1 and have to audio outs to my mixer, one for phones and the other for the main audio line. This is ideal for me...

With great soundcards, comes great playability...:o)

Cheers...keep spinnin'...:o)

P

Mensajes Tue 20 Dec 05 @ 2:57 am
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005

Pionara has dsaid all you will nedd I just want to point the order to buy this stuff.

If you already have VDJ and a PC (or Laptop) you need good headphones first and a 4.1 ro better sound card (some use Creative Audigy 2 NX for laptop). I'm guessing you have enough RAM and HD and PC to handle VDJ without a problem, if not, this will be your next challange.

You could have later a mixer, preamp speakers. If you want to use TCVs or TCCDs buy a Maya 44 USB and 2 TTs also.

You could grow as you whish.

Good Luck!

Mensajes Tue 20 Dec 05 @ 11:23 pm
I recomend the Sennheizer hd280pro headphones. They are great for DJ use. Not too expensive either.

Killabee44

Mensajes Tue 20 Dec 05 @ 11:32 pm
I'll make my comment on a "budget" recommendation.

If you are just doing this to get your feet wet, and you have the basic components: Mixer, Laptop, Headphones, and speakers you could do a "MONO" mix. Technically, a stereo DJ mix isn't that important unless room effects are important AND your room has the ability to recreate this. If you have a basic sound card in your laptop and you want to just get the basics down, here is what I would suggests.

Set VDJ sound card to the 5th selection. You should have the sound card then a splitter (on the picture) then a mixer. Assumingly your mixer will have a Left Right input but if you plug into the left, it knows it is a mono mix and will port to both speakers from the one sound. Then I would put (assumingly again) the left channel on let's say mixer channel 1 and the right channel on mixer channel 2. Then I would set the slider in virtual DJ to the middle. I'd then use your MIXER's Headphone and CUE feature to cue the channel that IS NOT playing.

Of course, all this would be easier to explain if we knew what equipment you DO have beyond the computer.

Mensajes Wed 21 Dec 05 @ 7:28 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)