Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Slow Forums

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Browsing these forums has always been PAINFULLY slow.

I don't know if it's the software being used to run them, their webhost, or lag in between VDJ and myself, but these are the slowest running forums I've ever come across on the net.

Is it just me?

Is there anything that can be done to improve them? There is a lot of good forum software out there.

While I'm busy complaining, why isn't there an english version of the ver. 3 user manual out yet?

Mensajes Fri 23 Dec 05 @ 6:11 pm
having a bit of the same experience.... unfortunately...

but think dev team is looking into what can speed things up ;)

Mensajes Fri 23 Dec 05 @ 7:28 pm
IMO it's the used forum software, I have seen it used in a few places and all of them have the same sluggish feel.. While the forum might be without much bling-blling most others have I do feel it's not as optimised because eventhough it's minimalistic it s way slower then say Simple Machines Forum, which is free BTW (and very good IMO).

http://www.simplemachines.org/

see dj-in-norway.. Here he goes again.. ;)

Mensajes Sat 24 Dec 05 @ 1:25 pm
hehe ;)

This time it was pure contructive paul :) and you often are... ;)

Lets bury the hatchet, and have a nice new year... ;)
I know you only want the best

A merry christmas to you Paul ;)

- Rune -

Mensajes Sat 24 Dec 05 @ 2:02 pm
Web StaffHome userSenior staffMember since 2010
@paulheu: we'd be interested in knowing where else you saw this forum software, because since it's house-made it's definitely copyrighted atomix.

Also, for the record, yes the website and forum have been going slower and slower in the past few months. This has nothing to do with the forum's software in fact, but it's a general overload of our servers.
The popularity of virtualdj has really sky-rocketed in the past few months (and we really thank everyone for that), but as a consequence so has the database load, and it's now far too heavy to be handled on a single computer, no matter how powerful. So we are currently working on a smart load-balancing, but it needs us to rewrite many part of the website code.
You should however start experiencing a faster behavior in January.

Mensajes Sun 25 Dec 05 @ 12:52 pm
OK..let me rephrase then.. I found other forums looking verry similar, assuming they used the same sw Since they seemed to be somewhat sluggish as well..

I was mistaken there I guess..

Mensajes Sun 25 Dec 05 @ 1:44 pm
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
webstaff. you mite want to get someone who speaks english as a first language to read through the website. have you ever read a manual for something from taiwan? lol it doesnt realy make sence although you can guess what they are talking about lol.

hope everyone had a happy christmasssss and looking forward to a BO new years. where's everyone playing this year just out of interest?

Mensajes Mon 26 Dec 05 @ 1:49 am
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
ps make some kind of truncation / auto hyphenated newline because some people are IDIOTS with their long words!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mensajes Mon 26 Dec 05 @ 1:57 am
The forums are still damn slow.

Mensajes Mon 23 Jan 06 @ 5:50 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)