Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Laptop Crashes Using VDJ - PAIN - Page: 1

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I bought a new Pentium M Laptop with 512MB Ram because i had problems with Time AMD athlon 200+ laptop with Hercules DJ COnsole V1 the problem was that for no reason the sound would stop - only way to fix was rebooting it. Now i get similar problem but Screen on laptop goes BLACK and the song still plays til the end but have to reboot to fix it !
Any ideas anyone?

Mensajes Mon 02 Jan 06 @ 3:17 am
Also - Is the Hercules DJ Console (v1) FULLY compatible with Virtual DJ V3.1 ?? or do I need to use v1.9 only?

Mensajes Mon 02 Jan 06 @ 3:19 am
Please register your DJC so we know you are a legit user of VDJ..

From what you post it seems there is some sofwtare issue causing this, I doubt it's VDJ itself to be honest..

Mensajes Mon 02 Jan 06 @ 4:22 am
Check the power saving settings in the laptop, and make sure that is not turning the screen off after a period of time, also check the display settings to see if the screen saver is active at any time.

Mensajes Mon 02 Jan 06 @ 6:20 am
djzarePRO InfinityMember since 2004
I also have the same the same problem with my new HP laptop, model nc6120, Pentium M 1,6, 512 DDR Ram, graphic card Intel on board 915GLM (I think) 128ram.
Sound and controls work but the screen goes off in black(mostly), blue, redish or some other colour.
Only way to get it work again is to go to stand by (but then comes the problem with usb not recognized) or to reboot.
Never happend with my old Comaq laptop with ATI card, or desktop comp.
Everything is turned off: screen saver, monitor saving, etc... Except in BIOS which I dont like to mess too much on laptops.
I guess its a graphic card problem? Tryed several times with the driver updates, but no luck yet.
And one more thing I've noticed, the more programs I run at the same time it seems harder to go to that famous screen freeze and if TV-out is used there is NO problem at all.

Any ideas, please? Tired of always beeing on a lookout and svitching to cd player. Thanks

Mensajes Thu 05 Jan 06 @ 11:19 am
djzare, I have exactly the same problem. I have uniwill 12'' centrino notebook with onboard Intel gfx. A friend told me " broken lcd cable" but the fix is without any hardware touching ....
just sleep and wake it up. Unfortunately my DAC2 (USB) is not recognized after this and i have to reboot.

It's annoying, I tried to disable "write combining" in the video setting but it helped only a little.
It's some kind of strange behavior, I'll google a little and probable put some info here if I'll find out.

I think that If I'll have some S-video source connected and can swith between outputs it will fix the screen. runnig command line (blindly with corrupted screen) and putting it to fullscreen did not solve the problem. So it's something triggered by wakeup events.

It looks like corrupted video ram btw. usually i get the same line repeated for whole screen. like a barcode or blank screen.

Mensajes Thu 05 Jan 06 @ 2:06 pm
Hey lopez453, I would really like your feedback on this problem becouse its a BIG one and it seems we are not the only one with it.
One hint: you maybe dont need to reboot,go to stand by/ awake and just unplug & plug the DAC/ click right- refresh and try if it works. If not shut down VDJ & start again.

Its a pain- I know. On Christmas Eve gig I had a screen freeze on me 5 or 6 times! Thats were the Denon CD players kick in :)
On the New Year gig I ran a karaoke program thru S-video with VDJ and no problems 9 hours straight!
The example list is pretty long for this screen freeze thingie.

It must be something with intel graphic drivers or centrino clock step technology- I dont know?!

Any info on this is apreciated. Please HELP :(

Mensajes Sat 07 Jan 06 @ 12:08 am
HEY WHEN IS THE USER MANUAL FOR V 3.2 OR 3.3 GONNA BE OUT AND AVAILABLE

Mensajes Sat 07 Jan 06 @ 1:14 am
Hey, I spent today 7 hours with googling, downloading drivers debugging, etc.

With older 4.1. driver, plugged in monitor and TV at the same time (even not working at once)
gave me many corrupted screens. Once I downloaded the latest driver from intel all lokeed better.
But after I was watching a friend of mine playing "Deus Ex" on my lappy
with clone mode on (one was Notebook LCD and other was TV out) the lappy screen got crazy again.
I tryied different settings etc but all to no avail, only solution was to plug in the external monitor and make a switchover to it and back and all was ok.

Btw. I know the trick with sleep mode, but my dac dies, and even replugging it from usb and/or power also restarting VDJ or any combination is not working. Probably it's the problem of the DAC2 mapper I am using. I suspet it binds somehow to the port and after restart it's not able to bind again because of previous instance blocking the port. I don't have time to see whether I am able to enable disable DAC when not using custom mapper. Daniels work is quite good, probably problem of vdj when using external mapper dll. Probably I'll give it a try later. For now i MUST restart notebook.

I am going to buy VGA 15 connector and make a fictive monitor plug to trick my notebook that it has monitor connected. This way I am able to switch between the fictive monitor and LCD and easily fix the display corruption. This works for me with real monitor, just have to find out the pinout.

Probably connecting pins 4,5, and 11 together will be enough = it means monitor is color and capable of 1024x768 :-) without any DDC or so

Oh, what a long post.... gotta keep it short nxt time, but hopefully it will be helpful to others.

Anyone else having this issue or heard of it, except the two of us ???

Mensajes Sat 07 Jan 06 @ 2:22 am
two more things:

I saw some infos in driver release notes that they fixed "display corruption with modes greater that 1024x768", actually what video res are you using ? I use 1280x800

and second thing i noticed (and forgot but it happed 10 minutes ago):
I am browsing the web or using vdj (whatever), but not doing anything that could blink the screen to black. But it see a short blink of black (really short) (something like pushing fn+f4 to switch the output display while nothing is connected). Also all screensavers and powermanagement disabled just set to always on. I suspect that sometimes instead of just blink it corrupts screen.
Do you also have this experience ?

I am insane of it !!!!!!!!

Mensajes Sat 07 Jan 06 @ 3:20 am
I have a 15" screen, Intel graphic card gives me only two resolutions :( 1024x768 & 640x800.
I've noticed that when I shut and reopen the monitor lid a flicker occurs. Even when normally runing programs the flicker happens, looks like the screen is refreshing it self?

Btw. Laptop is not used for the Internet.

Mensajes Sat 07 Jan 06 @ 2:28 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
Sorry, did you already put your laptops in "Dektop or Office Use" in the "Energy Options" (or something like that) in the Windows Control Panel. The Default for notebooks is "Notebook or Mobile use" and it's better if your try the other option.

Mensajes Sun 08 Jan 06 @ 11:09 am
It is in Desktop mode, min. batery saving.

Mensajes Sun 08 Jan 06 @ 11:52 am
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
djzare,

Try to depurate your system, delete or TEMP files and from Internet Explorer Cache and set up your IE cache to 50MB after that. To delete your TEMP files delete all from C:\\Documents and Settings\\Your User\\Local Configuration\\Temp (is hidden) and C:\\Windows\\Temp (in this last directory don't erase the directories HISTORY, COOKIES and "Temporary Internet Explorer Files").

Defrag your system after you delete the TEMP files and you will improve your system response.

Mensajes Tue 10 Jan 06 @ 5:26 am
I have been using VDJ with a Hercules console for over 2 years now. i have had 2 different labtops. An E machine with an Intel processor and a Gateway with a AMD 64 processor. Here are my findings about the crashes i had.

1. I don't think 512mb of RAM is enough. Windows takes up almost half that then your running VDJ, then you are loading you songs on to it. The bigger the song file the more memory you are going to use. I would recommend at last 1 gig of decent RAM.

2. Cooling of you labtop is VERY important. You will be amazed in the difference you have when you use a chill pad!

3. Don't load your labtop with all kinds of software! I have a really good laptop AMD64 3400 1 gig RAM 80 gig hard drive. Kick ass video card but i ONLY USE IT FOR MY GIGS! Don't load it with all this misc software! They do take up resources.

4. Shut down all programs that are not needed Antivirus, Spyware, etc.

5. I do a virus scan, a spyware scan and a defrage before every gig.

It had been 1 year now and I have not had 1 crash since. FYI i do not do video so i can speak for that.

Mensajes Tue 10 Jan 06 @ 9:56 pm
exactly! these are the top 5 tips .... and everyone should memorize them :)

Top 5 tips to make VDJ work FLAWLESSLY on a PC....

And if you have already done the "mistake" of installing loads of programs, uninstalling them.. and have a mess in your registry, corrupted DLL files and more.. clean up widows (System Mechanics 6 or other tools) or reinstall Windows if you system is all messed up (CLEAN install)...

Clean cool PC is all you would ever need:)

Mensajes Tue 10 Jan 06 @ 11:40 pm
Thank you, people on good advices.

But the problem still remains, cause:
- I've had a Compaq AMD laptop, no problems
- Have a cooler, but not realy needed for Pentium M (except for gigs- long ones)
- Have a AMD desktop, no problems

My problem, I guess must lie in a graphic card driver or something similar?

Mensajes Fri 13 Jan 06 @ 11:00 pm
I also think, but what irritates me is that it is random mainly, and sometimes a had a month and nothing like this happens, and on the new ears gig I had this to happed three times. I tryed several drivers, and older have more problems.

ONLY solution (except of restarting notebook) is to have external monitor connected and to switch output (by some FN key + something) to the external monitor/projector and back to LCD. This fixes the corrupted screen.

I still did not find a way to make my notebook think it has connected external monitor.
The special PLUG did not work.

Mensajes Sun 15 Jan 06 @ 1:00 pm
I feel with you, can only hope its not a broken ram thing. I've also heard of that- now, that would be a problem. Dont really know how does it manifest itself. Will search for newer drivers. Some experince with this would be helpfull- anybody? :(

Mensajes Sun 15 Jan 06 @ 11:21 pm
e7yrq8nPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I just purchased a license copy of VDJ - I had used ATOMIX - Question?? ATOMIX had absolute path structure (ex. c:\\covert\\track1 or c:\\kar\\track1) allowing users to differentiate the difference in same track name. whereas VDJ does not include absolute path. How do I see absolute path in VDJ?

Mensajes Fri 20 Jan 06 @ 9:46 pm
51%