Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Need help configuring Gigaport

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

edsalPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hello All,
Need some help here. I NEED to configure my outputs to channels 3 and 4 for the left player, and channels 5 and 6 for my right player. I've tried all the configurations in the soundcard config section, but there are no options to send to those channels. All I get is 12 and 2-on the multi soundcard option. Nothing else gives me the options to choose which channels to output to.

Any help on this issue would be appreciated!!

ED

Mensajes Sun 08 Jan 06 @ 7:38 pm
make sure you set it up correct in WINDOWS SOUNDCARD SETTINGS
(check the speaker out option there, for number of outputs)

Then set it up in advanced soundcard settings inside Virtual DJ, the way you want

Hope that helps ;)

Mensajes Sun 08 Jan 06 @ 8:34 pm
So what would the correct windows sound card settings be??

All I'm trying to do is set left player to channels 3/4 and right player to 5/6 on gigaport?? Doesn't look like this is possible at this time. I'm starting to think i'm gonna have to give up VDJ if I can't set it the way I need!!

ED

Mensajes Tue 10 Jan 06 @ 3:34 am
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
Did you already configure your Gigaport in Windows to use more than 2 channels? configure it in 5.1 in Windows before you try to configure in VDJ and maybe that do the trick.

Mensajes Tue 10 Jan 06 @ 5:14 am
Hey ACWDJ,
I currently use PCDJ which gives me the option to assign each player to any output of my Gigaport. The speaker settings on the Laptop are on "Laptop stereo Speakers". This has worked flawlessly with no problems whatsoever. Now the, reason I have to Use chnls 3/4 & 5/6 is because I use sax-n-dotties on chnls 1/2. However the winamp frontend defaults directly to those channels (1/2) so I can't change those.

VDJ does work, but only on channels 1/2 & 3/4 right now. That would mean that I would have to switch cables everytime I go from Karaoke to music. Right now, my chnls 1/2 go to a mackie mixer, along with all my mics, then, it goes back into my dj mixer. This way I have complete control over my karaoke music and mic mix. Technically, I could run both sax-n-dotties and VDJ's left player through channels 1/2, but then I would have to ReEq everytime I switch from music to Karaoke, which just adds more work and you know how much work it is just to DJ or KJ alone.

This is the setup I would like to keep--unless of course I do a music only show--but that never happens, everyone knows I'm the karaoke dude and eventually the singing starts!!

Also, I have tried to configure it in 5.1 and 7.1, but I still get the same options in VDJ--left player channel 12, left right channel 2. So all i get is 12 and 2, or left and right, but no option to go any of the other channels.

Anyway, Thanks for the help and i'll keep trying until I get it working or REALLY hose something up.

ED

Mensajes Wed 11 Jan 06 @ 4:44 am
Got ITTTTT!!!!

Alrighty then,
Got it to work just the way I want it. I knew it was a simple solution!!!! All I had to do was uninstall the WDM drivers and walla!!!! Works like a charm now!!!

ED

Mensajes Thu 12 Jan 06 @ 1:19 am
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
Good to hear!, happy mixing!

Mensajes Thu 12 Jan 06 @ 10:15 pm
NIIICE ;) good to hear! will remember that , if anyone else should have the same issues ;)

Happy mixing

Mensajes Fri 13 Jan 06 @ 1:03 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)