Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: DAC3/Midi Mapper Guide? Re-Assign Keys?

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hey guys.

I got a DAC3 and I do love it... I never thought about how many times I had to minimize programs to get BACK to VDJ to play and now I don't have to do that if I'm looking things up on the HDD or whatever.

But here's my problem/need.

I see the midi mapper, I've downloaded and read the text file (Thanks to whoever wrote it) but I don't really understand it and I think it's a little TOO much for what I want.

Initially, I want to be able to assign the crossfade to JUST the video, no audio as I use an external DJ mixer for this. Next, I'd like to be able to assign the pitch sliders to be the faders. One for the video and one for the audio. I don't think this is possible yet.

Additionally, I find the navigation of my files confusing... "Sift" this and that?! It would be great if somene could put together a PDF explaining these things a little more. I'd be willing if I understood more of what's in the txt file.

Lastly, I'm worried if I add the midi mapper, that I may lose the functionality that I like now by screwing it up. Any advice?

Mensajes Thu 12 Jan 06 @ 4:13 pm
>I see the midi mapper, I've downloaded and read the text file

Do you mean the PCDJ DAC-3 MIDI mapper or my custom mapper DLL that can be downloaded from Download -> Plugins -> Sound Effects?

If you mean the PCDJ DAC-3 MIDI mapper, you do not need to use this anymore with VDJ v3.2 or above. Native support for the DAC-3 is built into VDJ (Config -> Remote Control) and can be considerably improved using my mapper DLL plugin.

If you are not using the native support, you will not get any visual feedback from the DAC-3 (LCD displays, LED's, lighted cue/play.)

>Initially, I want to be able to assign the crossfade to JUST the video

The DAC-3 doesn't have a crossfader - If you mean the auto-video crossfading feature in my mapper, this only fades the video by default (It can optionally be linked to the audio crossfader if you wish.)

If the audio is being faded too, check that you have not got the linked crossfaders option ticked in VDJ Config -> Video

>Next, I'd like to be able to assign the pitch sliders to be the faders.

It's not currently possible to do this in my mapper v1.0 - You will be able to remap any of the buttons, pitch sliders and jogwheels in v2.0 of my mapper, which is currently under development at the moment.

If you are using the PCDJ DAC-3 MIDI mapper, you can do this by modifying the MIDI shortcuts (Similar to creating keyboard shortcuts.)

>Additionally, I find the navigation of my files confusing...

The up/down buttons browse up/down the filelist (Holding Shift at the same time moves up/down by 10, allowing faster browsing in a long list.)

Left/right buttons move left/right in the browser (Between Folders - Files - Playlist)

Shift + jogwheel browses up/down the list using the jogwheel.

>Lastly, I'm worried if I add the midi mapper, that I may lose the functionality
>that I like now by screwing it up. Any advice?

I don't think you can use the PCDJ DAC-3 MIDI mapper and native support/my mapper DLL together. If you could, they would conflict (E.g: Pressing Play would result in play being sent to VDJ twice (Once by the MIDI mapper and again by native support/my mapper DLL.)

If you are using the MIDI mapper only and wish to modify this, you can safe-guard against mistakes by making a backup copy of the shortcuts.xml file in C:\\Program Files\\VirtualDJ before making any changes.

Mensajes Thu 12 Jan 06 @ 8:12 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)