Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: still dont get Shoutcast

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Ok, ive been searching the forums and i still cant find what i am looking for. my problems: why cant VDJ recognize the encoder in which i put it on in order to work w/ winamp & shoutcast. (im inserting the " dsp_sc.dll ") now whenever i pick that encoder it messeges me this **Broadcast Error**
Server answered: "

what steps do i have to follow in the shoutcast configuration in order for this to work? what address do i insert in the SHOUTcast Source? also what encoder? what URL? what are the main steps in order for this to work!?

Look i know im asking for alot here, but ive been workin on this for the past week... and still dont advance. If anyone out there has the patience and the guidelines in order for this to get this running... i would seriously appreciate. This forum has been the best so far... so please dont let me down!

THX

Mensajes Fri 27 Jan 06 @ 4:38 am
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
are trying to connect to server or just broadcast from your own pc??? it's built in already not need for shoutcast

Mensajes Fri 27 Jan 06 @ 5:44 am
server that is

Mensajes Fri 27 Jan 06 @ 5:54 am
ok so ive searching up and im concluding that u dont really need shoutcast... but the reasons for why i wanted to use shoutcast instead of vdj boradcast are (note that these are questions and tryin to figure out if its worth downloading shoutcast or not):
1) Is there a way where i can show the files that im playing using the regular VDJ broadcast just like the shoutcast server does? If there is how?
2) Will using the Server (shoutcast in this case) let me have more listeners?
3) Is there a way of inserting my "dj name" instead of "VirtualDJ" .mp3 like shoutcast? If yes how?
4) Will it sound better using VDJ broadcast better than Shoutcast?

Mensajes Fri 27 Jan 06 @ 6:57 am
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
1) yes it does display songs

2) depends on the server, but in most if not all cases i think a server will allow for more listeners, the more people you have listening to broadcasting from your own pc the more load it puts on your bandwidth. The max might be like 4 listeners from your own pc.

3)This one i think you would have to look at the broadcasting options, there is a field for name location etc. i'm just not sure what will be displayed

4)The sound would remain the same, but it depends on what quality stream you select (96kps or 128kps etc.)

Mensajes Fri 27 Jan 06 @ 4:55 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
I point in 2)

You could handle more listeners if you have a bigger bandwith to serve them, for example: 96Kbps x 20 Listeners = 1920Kbps. You need a 2048kbps to serve 20 listeners.

Mensajes Sun 29 Jan 06 @ 3:26 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)