Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Dac-2 to Dac-3

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

edsalPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hey Guys,
I'm upgrading my main system to Dac-3. Currently I have Dac-2 mapper installed. Dac-2 is going into backup/practice system. Can I install the Dac-3 mapper into my laptop and still have both Dac's operate?? I'll be using my gig laptop on my gig rack and also on my practice rack. Don't have a backup laptop (just good ole cd's), so I have to practice on my gig laptop!!!

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, ED

Mensajes Sun 29 Jan 06 @ 11:28 pm
Providing you don't have both DAC's plugged in at the same time, I don't think you'll have any problems.

VirtualDJ should load the mapper appropriately for the controller you're using (If DAC-2 is plugged in and detected, it should load the dac2mapper, otherwise if DAC-3 is plugged in and detected, it should load the dac3mapper.) You will need both mappers on your laptop (The dac3mapper won't work with the DAC-2.)

Mensajes Mon 30 Jan 06 @ 11:54 am
Okay,
I thought that should be the way it should work, just wanting to make sure!!!

Thaniks, ED

Mensajes Tue 31 Jan 06 @ 2:20 am
Should just point this out -

If you unplug your DAC-2 and plugin the DAC-3, you will probably need to go into the config and switch the port config to auto detect again, as it will probably be set on one of the COM ports after using the DAC-2, where as the DAC-3 will use the USB port.

Noticed this when testing my DAC-2 prior to selling it on ebay. (DAC-3 is soooo much better).

Mensajes Tue 31 Jan 06 @ 4:31 pm
Hey Guys,
Okay, got the DAC-3, hooked it up, downloaded the dac-3 mapper---works just fine!!!! HOWEVER, now songs take about 30 seconds to load up into the players and my bpms kinda disappeared on most of the songs that I had already analyzed!!!!

Anyone know how to correct this problem?? Any help on this would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks, ED

Mensajes Sat 04 Feb 06 @ 6:19 pm
swi23PRO InfinityMember since 2006
Have the same problem with one of my desktop pc's, however the DAC3 works fine on my laptop. I am guessing it is a PC issue something with the USB Controller. Also make sure your system is USB 2 compatible. Let you know if I find anything out...

Sean

Mensajes Sun 12 Feb 06 @ 11:46 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)