Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Hardware Question

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hi, i recently bought a Numark DXM-01 external mixer and had a couple of questions.

1. Do i need to purchase Virtual DJ Pro in order to use this external mixer or can it be used on the standard version?

2. How do i set it up so that the sound from each channel on virtual dj is sent to my mixer?

Thanks!

Mensajes Fri 03 Feb 06 @ 5:42 pm
There are three varieties of VDJ: Demo, Console and Professional. To use an external mixer you need to use Professional or Console Editions. I believe that there are 'hidden' posts on the forum about configuration when you become a Professional user with configuration information, although the program is generally intuitive enough to configure without additional help.

Mensajes Fri 03 Feb 06 @ 7:06 pm
HuGgLeZPRO InfinityMember since 2006
If you're referring to the special internet offer when you refer to the "standard version", then no, you don't need the Pro version. These 2 versions are almost identical, except you don't get a box and you don't get the "Gold support" (you can just come onto the forums and ask for help if you have any problems ;).

You can see a comparison over here: http://www.virtualdj.com/products/comparison.html

Also, Andrew87 refers to hidden forum posts regarding hooking up consoles. These posts speak about the Hercules console, but they should be all you need to hook up your Numark :)

Mensajes Fri 03 Feb 06 @ 9:04 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
funkysven_4,

To use your Mixer you need VirtualDJ Professional Edition. You could buy the internet offer and get all the power of the VDJ Pro Ed.

You will use your Mixer like a dual soundcard, you could have each channel in each line of your mixer via USB. For you are going to be Channel 1 and 2 to mix in your mixer and VDJ are going to give one deck in one channel and the other deck in other channel.

Mensajes Sat 04 Feb 06 @ 11:16 am
thanks guys!

Just to confirm, that special internet offer is the virtual dj pro edition yeah? coz i was thinking of getting that in the next few days, but only if thats the pro edition and will work with my external mixer.

Mensajes Sun 05 Feb 06 @ 12:05 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
That's the Pro edition as well. I have that version and also meny other VDJ users, so don't worry it works with a mixer and many soundcard as well.

Mensajes Sun 05 Feb 06 @ 1:26 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)