Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Time Coded Vinyls - Page: 2

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

HickerPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Changed the tone-arm height to 1
as by Manufacturer recommended settings for optimum performance with Stanton Cartridges:

500 series:
500 AL, 500 AL II, 500 AL MKII, 505SK, 520 SK
"1" tone arm height setting without headshell weight;
"2" if using extra weight

Mensajes Sat 04 Mar 06 @ 5:56 am
alright here are some tips you can try.

1- switch the position of your weight. make the numbers face away from you.
2- screw the weight as far as it can go
3- sit the needles on a vinyl overnight (no spinning platter)

once you've done this try it out. your needle should skip less...dramaticly less. your needles might need some time to break in but you'll notice that it will get better.

Let us know how this works for you

DJ White Devil

Mensajes Sat 04 Mar 06 @ 3:18 pm
There is something wrong with one of the turntables (the one that has the anti-skating on 3)
The tone arm is some what repaired. So I ordered a replacement.

I will test on the one that is working decently. I already have some improvement.

Mensajes Sat 04 Mar 06 @ 6:45 pm
Or Get DJDecks and some Mspinky or SSL Vinyl, :)

Mensajes Sat 04 Mar 06 @ 8:24 pm
lol Simon.

If his needle gets skipping getting DJ decks or Mspinky won't solve the problem. Maybe you should learn more about turntablism and scratching.

Mensajes Sun 05 Mar 06 @ 2:03 am
dude i know about turntabling and scratching perhaps i should of quoted who that message was to, I have PDX 2000 no anti skate for me :P anyhow it was indended for the people who said the qulity of the VDJ Vinyl sucks, their right it does :) maybe you should learn more about me before making that sort of statement :P

Mensajes Sun 05 Mar 06 @ 7:27 pm
well quality of the vinyl has been discussed many times before. and for the price of VDJ and TCV don't expect miracles lol. if you want something that is probably the best available TCV replica (at the present time) go with SSL but get your wallets out hehe. VDJ is still a work in progress getting better and better every update. I'm sure eventually VDJ and TCV will be one of the best. I remember a post somewhere showing the quality of TCV from different companies. VDJ was 2nd best...SSL had the best. maybe doing some research on other the forums would help. I've only read of 2 users from VDJ that have been to DMC championships...myself and Aposis. If you've participated please let us know :D upload some scratches or videos and show other users how VDJ performs well. help promote VDJ as well as make it even better then SSL :P

DJ White Devil

Mensajes Mon 06 Mar 06 @ 4:58 am
Yeah the vinyl quality is not the best but, it's decent.
Also I tried DjDecks. the recognition is the same. VDJ is the better software though.

I've only seen the FinalScratch vinyls they were better (at a price of $8).

But these are the vinyls back from 1.x
Hope the next pressing will be better.
I moslly spin house so backspinning isn't what i need most just sharing my expirience.

Mensajes Mon 06 Mar 06 @ 9:58 am
that's ok Hicker I've noticed issues with the backspin as well. the sound just isn't right if you spin fast so I just use the effect from VDJ instead. I know its a work around but I'm sure will be fixed in 4.0....or at least I hope it will lol

Best Regards

DJ White Devil

Mensajes Mon 06 Mar 06 @ 5:47 pm
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
VDJ does not read timecodes when playing in reverse, only velocity information is read so the position can drift when doing a backspin etc. as soon as the disk starts to spin forwards again and the first 'time stamp' timecode is read, the error is corrected and the song jumps to where it should have been. This can normaly be heard as a 'hic' as the song skips to the correct position.

i havnt tried this but if you switch to reletive mode as you can now do in 3.4, VDJ shouldnt try and jump when it realises its gone a little off while backspinning.

try a forward spin and this shouldnt happen, its all because timestamps cannot be read in reverse. try picking up the needle while your deck is in reverse mode and see if it jumps or just plays in reverse again when you drop the needle. move it forwards again and the deck will jump as soon as it reads the first position code.

Mensajes Wed 08 Mar 06 @ 12:16 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)