Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Most powerful laptop in the world

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

donrecoPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Hi, I have been using vdj for some years now and I think its the best. I want more and still stay portable. I found this laptop online at www.compamerica.com can you other dj's out there using vdj for video please take a look at the specs and tell me what you think before i spend all this money. I know I can go cheaper with a desk top but this thing looks more powerful and it's portable...

New! Orca FX2™
The Most Powerful Laptop on Earth!
AMD Athlon X2 & FX-60 Dual Core CPUs up to: 5.2-GHz!
Dual HDD: from 40 to 160GB 7200rpm SATA-150!
nVidia 7800GTX, 6800/Ultra or FX1400!
Gigabit, Wifi-G/B + BT

www.compamerica.com

Mensajes Mon 27 Feb 06 @ 2:01 pm
drjustPRO InfinityMember since 2006

Mensajes Tue 28 Feb 06 @ 1:51 am
I will check it out.... What are you using? I want to put together a nice little beast.... for mixing video live...

Mensajes Tue 28 Feb 06 @ 11:31 am
tbhat boxx tech one sucks lol netburst sucks :P anyway i would wait until october if you want a laptop merome and conroe will be released :)

Mensajes Tue 28 Feb 06 @ 12:32 pm
yes but this is all we should need to professionally run vdj with video... this is smoking my desktop. I don't know if I will wait. Did you try the boxx tech. What do you think about the orca?

Mensajes Tue 28 Feb 06 @ 1:50 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
"Dual Core CPUs up to: 5.2-GHz!"

Sorry that's wrong: you can't add the two frequency as it's a dual core and it doesn't work as a single processor

Mensajes Tue 28 Feb 06 @ 2:19 pm
I don't really know about that, but did you check out their website: www.compamerica.com
let me know what you think...

Mensajes Tue 28 Feb 06 @ 2:45 pm
hisseHome userMember since 2005
they aren't adding the two frequencies it's 5200+ if you order it with the new amd fx-60

Mensajes Tue 28 Feb 06 @ 10:55 pm
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
5200 is not the clock speed but the AMD equivilent performance rating. AMD clock speeds are usualy lower than intels but they do more work per clock cycle and do some more efficiently so branding by clock speed is not appropriate. thats why they put on those numbers. 5.2 GHz is totaly wrong and 5200 is number

Mensajes Wed 01 Mar 06 @ 2:55 am
I am thinking serious about getting one of these laptops... so any advice on the minimum I should be able to do video with?
I will get the top video card of course...
Top hard drive setup (ie.. raid with 7200rpm)
I want to save a little money with the processer... (any advice)???????

Mensajes Wed 01 Mar 06 @ 11:39 am
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005

We need a fast processor and a fast ram too. The Videocard it's also needed for Video mixing.

Intel has Dual-Core in 2.2GHz only but has more BUS Speed (533MHz vs 400) and also has more memory speed (DDR2 533MHz than 400MHz DIMMs). This Dual-Core AMD laptop look good. I can't tell which is best in these, I feel is better to have more memory speed and CPU speed also... But If you want to try, do it, seems a fast equipment. Buy it with N-Vidia 7800GTX and fast sata drives.

Mensajes Sun 05 Mar 06 @ 1:16 am
abnormPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Lenovo (prior IBM) ThinkPad T Series is the way to go and a new T60 series is out. Having big screen in a full size laptop might be nice for a desktop replacement, but you will regret it after carrying it with you to gigs. I have the older IBM T41p. It's very thin and light yet very powerful with excellent keyboard. The keyboard light helps me see the keys in a dark night club and the versatility of having both the touchpad and trackpoint is awesome.

Mensajes Sun 05 Mar 06 @ 6:33 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)