Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: DAC3 Controller Question

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

mzackPRO InfinityMember since 2006
If I use the DAC3 Controller to operate VDJ will all the functions work, like fader controlls, pitch controls, volume controls.....basically everything on the computer screen, right now Im using the MK2 to control the program, when I switch to the DAC3 will that replace all the functions of the MK2

Secondly, I have a USB Mixer....the Numark CM200USB with built in sound cards......The mixer is not MIDI, so it wont control the software, but will the fader still let me fade between the VDJ and the DAC3??

THANKS.........MZACK

Mensajes Thu 02 Mar 06 @ 4:12 am
The DAC-3 will allow you to fully control both VDJ decks (Play, pause, cue, pitch, jogwheel, etc.), set/goto cue points, trigger loops, samples, FX, etc. and browse through your files.

You will not be able to control mixer functions such as volume, bass/mid/high, etc. using the DAC-3 - You will need an external mixer for this, which you already have (Or you could use the MK2 as a mixer if you wish.)

Your mixer should be fine with the DAC-3 - Just configure VDJ to use the soundcards of the mixer for the two VDJ decks. The mixer does not need to MIDI for this to work - The only advantage of a MIDI compatible mixer would be to control the video crossfader in VDJ when you use the crossfader on the mixer (You can do automatic video crossfading with my DAC-3 mapper though.)

Mensajes Thu 02 Mar 06 @ 7:55 pm
Exelent...thanks, On another note, I realize this is off the topic but would you know why one channel on my mixer sounds louder than the other channel? Here is what I have

Numark CM200USB mixer assigned to "left" deck on mixer channel 3
Numark CM200USB mixer assigned to "right" deck on mixer channel 4

when I fade from channel 3 to 4 the 4th channel is much louder even though I have all the same settings on both channels.....I even checked windows settings and all volumes are up the same??

Thanks

Mensajes Thu 02 Mar 06 @ 9:25 pm
Hi Mzack,

I don't know if you're very used to working with a mixer such as this one, so first thing's first:

- Did you check the "gain" knobs on each channel? (The knob located at the top of each channel). This will pre-ajust the sound level that will come into each channel on your mixer. So, for example, if you play the exact same song on each deck, but the "gain" is not the same on each channel, then one of them will sound louder than the other.

- If you're using the cross-fader to fade from channel 3 to 4 and vice-versa, please note that you still need to set the channel volume slider to the desired level before cross-fading. The cross-fader does not act as a volume slider, it just "cross-fades" from one to the other.

- If you still have problems after checking the preceeding points, then I'd look for setting issues in the software or Windows.

Keep us posted!

Internodal.

Mensajes Fri 03 Mar 06 @ 3:01 pm
Thanks for the info....your right, I am not familliar with this or any mixer, but I have to start somewhere, anyway....

it was the settings in Windows, It took me a while and I was very frustrated, but finally got it, it sounds ok now......My only issue is there is a high pitch hiss in my speakers, most likely its the poor quality soundcards in the mixer, but it goes away after I play a song and not noticable even at high voulmes

I have to thank everyone for all the assistance, I could not have done all this without the help, its good to be part of the VDJ community!

Mensajes Sat 04 Mar 06 @ 4:42 am
Hi Mzack,

Nice to hear you've made significant progress in your setup :O)

About the hiss you hear, it can come from a myriad of sources, including poor RCA cables, slow USB streaming issues, bad ground loops, high frequency EQ set too high, etc, etc, etc...

However, the most likely (and cost-efficient) solution, would be to set your HIGH and MID equalizers to the middle point. Then, gradually rise up those EQ's until you find the point where the hissing is too loud for your liking.

Question: Do you need to use only one USB cable or two USB cables, in order to stream sound to channels 3 and 4 on your mixer? (meaning one cable for BOTH channels or one cable for EACH channel?) That could also be an issue, as using only one USB cable to stream 2 audio sources might be too slow for comfort...

Internodal.

Mensajes Sat 04 Mar 06 @ 7:00 am
I use 2 USB cables, one for channel 3, left deck and one for channel 4, right deck...I called Numark Tech Support they told me I did NOT need to connect them to USB 2.0....so I got a powered USB Hub, it works but I dont kow how effectively?

I did try connecting them directly to my computer and the hiss was still there.....

I also found out that plugging in my laoptop to the same strip on the back of my Furman Power Conditioner I hear a moter running sound in the speakers, when I plugged it in seperate from all the other gear, the sound stopped.......

Something interesting...I have all the levels at Zero or all the way down on the mixer, the hiss is still there......If I disconnect everything from my mixer, USB's and everything its still there?? Maybe its my Yamaha speakers, or the Livewire cables I got??

Mensajes Sat 04 Mar 06 @ 2:32 pm
Hello again, Mzack,

Like I said, the hiss could come from a myriad of sources. But as long as it's not too noticeable when there's music playing, you should be okay. I have the same kind of problem with the USB sound card which are built into my XP10 controllers. Could be a streaming flaw inherent to USB sound cards in general... But it's not loud enough that it actually ruins the sound quality. A little bit of volume drowns out the hissing.

The interesting part about your setup is the fact that, with all levels down to zero (or less than zero), you still hear the hissing. It could indeed mean that your amp and/or speakers cause the hiss. Try connecting a pair of headphones to your mixer and set the headphone cross-fader all the way at the "PGM" setting, and play some music in either channel 3 or channel 4. Then shut off both channels and listen carfully. If you don't hear the hiss in your headphones, then you shouldn't hear it in the speakers. In the which case, your amplifier and/or mixer-to-amp cables and/or speaker cables may be hissing.

This could also mean that the main output on your mixer is hissing. However, I know for certain that Numark doesn't produce crappy machines, so the mixer itself would be the last thing I'd suspect.

Don't give up! :O)

Internodal.

Mensajes Sat 04 Mar 06 @ 9:13 pm
John CPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Regarding the white noise or hiss ... double check your pcs mixer by double clicking on your volume control.

Often you may have your levels set too high for main and wave ... but the real concern is for what else is on, or not muted. Sometimes some of the various inputs are on and turned all the way up. Mute anything not being used.

Mensajes Tue 07 Mar 06 @ 10:24 pm
John C
I posted another topic about where to set my windows audio settings. Some of the settings Im not familiar with like "Wave"....."Synth"...and "CD Player", my volume control is up all the way

Internodal:
I tried what you said and I do not hear anything in the headphones, it really is not that noticable as long as I play a track, even down low....so I suppose I will have to live with it...thanks for all your suggestions and help.

Mensajes Wed 08 Mar 06 @ 2:52 am
I did not know about the Numark 200USB and it sound like a great Mixer. But before I get one what would be the best confiuration when setting it up with a Laptop and DJ console?

Mensajes Wed 15 Mar 06 @ 7:32 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
Well , the best configuration will be to get connected deck 1 to channel 3 and deck 2 to channel 4 of your CM200USB. If you got any problem count on us for support.

Good Luck!

Mensajes Sun 19 Mar 06 @ 3:39 am
felipPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hello:

I´m felip, i´m spanish, sorry but my english is basic.

I have correctly instaled the dac 3 mapper dll into virtualdj
and all is ok about dac 3 control, but when i press the key [>] only i can seek the mp3 directory to change between directory left to right, the problem is
how can i rewind and forward the song with the controller [>] ?

i´m very interesting in it

you know my problem ?
Other problem is how can i move into subdirectories ?

thanks friend and excuse me my english

Mensajes Sat 01 Apr 06 @ 10:34 pm
You can't use the left/right keys to rewind or fast forward the song - These keys in my mapper are for browser navigation, changing the current cue point and moving loops.

You can fast foward/rewind the music by pausing it and then turning the jogwheel in the appropriate direction. You can go as fast or slow as you like, depending on how fast you spin the jogwheel.

When the 2.0 mapper is finished you will be able to remap any of the buttons to suit your preferences.

For the directories, if you mean expand and collapse the directory structure, you can't currently do this in the 1.0 mapper. I will add this to the 2.0 mapper.

Mensajes Mon 03 Apr 06 @ 12:41 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)