Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: bad sync

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

At the moment I'm using DJ Mixstation 3 (Virtual DJ Home Edition v2.03) and after learning how to use it properly and going through all the settings I'm still having problems with synchronisation. First I tried 'automix', but that didn't seem to work properly. Then I turned off 'automix' and tried just using 'bpm matching' and 'beatlock' etc. All the tracks I use are high quality (192k MP3s) but with some of the tracks the 'CBG' put the beat markers in between the beats rather than on the beats and the measures were also in the wrong place. When I tried using the 'sync' button to lock the peaks in the waveform together instead, even then sometimes they were staggered. I've attempted to record a funky house mix about six times now and each time bad sync lets me down. Also when the program analyses a track, the 'CBG' doesn't always compute it the same everytime it's loaded. Many problems. My PC is definitely of a high enough spec by the way.
Can someone who uses the professional edition assure me that the 'CBG' works properly in the proper version of Virtual DJ or is the same engine but improved in a later version? Thanks and big up yourselves.

Mensajes Thu 02 Mar 06 @ 5:00 am
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
It works properly, but needs some manual adjustments sometimes, and it won't work if your tracks change bpm or have glitches (skips) somewhere.

Correcting the CBG manually works best when you have a well analyzed track on a deck, sync it with a new one manually, and than shift the phase of the new track's CBG by clicking on it in browser and selecting 'Edit BPM'. Than the sync will always work when all tracks are aligned with their CBGs properly.

Also make sure TIME STRETCH is DISABLED under fame settings (makes terrible sound with earlier versions of VDj).

Personally I never rely on visual beatmatching, the ear is still the one who tells you if it's synced or not, and I never use features such as beatlock / sync.

Mensajes Thu 02 Mar 06 @ 1:23 pm
Thanks for the reply Erxon. Can you or someone please tell me what is better about the pro edition and as a fussy amateur, should I buy it?

It seems I've still got a lot to learn about VDJ and I'll persist because I hear it's really good.

When you edit the CBG of a track, can you save the edit so you don't have to do it during a mix or everytime the track is loaded?

Yeah I always have time stretch disabled - sounds a bit odd.

I can't imagine not using beatlock or sync at the moment. It must take a lot of practice.

Mensajes Thu 02 Mar 06 @ 2:51 pm
These are the main differneces between products: http://www.virtualdj.com/products/comparison.html

It's a question whether you'll use advanced features, external mixer, hardware controllers such as XP10, Timecode Vinyls etc., and you don't have any restrictions on plug-in's download with a PRO.

When you edit the CBG, it stays that way (no need for saving). Unless you reanalyze the track again.

Can't imagine? Turn it off and see, it's the only way to learn it ;)

Mensajes Thu 02 Mar 06 @ 4:24 pm
Oops, sorry I missed that part of the website. Yeah I think the Home Edition is enough for me for now.

Although I said I use high quality MP3s perhaps they're not as good as they should be because most of them are from vinyls. VDJ might be picking up all the little imperfections and the CBG is confused by it, as you suggested. Obviously I should use original CDs (if I can get what I want) or something like djdownload.com, which has got over 10000 house tracks apparently.

Manually eh? Ooh I don't know about that. :) To be honest I'd be happy if I could do a non-live mix (prepare it, save it, listen to it) because I'm trying to put a mix on CD that can be played on a certain internet radio station. That could mean VDJ is not right for me I suppose. Can you recommend any other Atomix software that would suit me, as I don't really need to do a live mix at the moment?

Mensajes Thu 02 Mar 06 @ 5:21 pm
If you're more into CD mixes, I think your best solution would be Mixmeister (not atomix productions software though). You can arrange the whole mix, listen to it, and correct, edit and fine tune it before you export it to an mp3 or burn on a CD as a compilation.

http://www.mixmeister.com/

But it's the art of live mixing that gives you the real challange ;)

Regards.

Mensajes Thu 02 Mar 06 @ 6:47 pm
Thanks for your advice Erxon. I downloaded the trial version of Mixmeister Express 6 and bought it soon after ($50) because it has all I need - good recommendation. I'm sure I'll come back to VDJ when I feel the need to do live mixes though, as I know it's the best for that. Thanks again for the knowledge. Easy.

Mensajes Fri 03 Mar 06 @ 3:17 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)