Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Slow Folder Load

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I am having a problem of folders loading very slowly and freezing up the players, just to let you know it is not freezing the output to the screens. Even if I have a main folder open with subfolders, when I click on a subfolder that only has 300 songs in it I get a brief freeze. I have a P4 2.6 ghz, 1.5 gig ram, ATI Radeon 9550 256 mb video card. Is it better to use firewire or USB with the portable HD??? Or should I just go out and get a big HD and make it internal??? I have been playing with this software for 2 weeks now without crashes, only little glitches. I have my system optomized (Followed some other members settings) also have been using PCDJ for years. It seems that my Zipped karaoke folders are the ones that cause the biggest issue with the freeze. Any advice and/or suggestions would be appreciated.

Formats Played
.VOB converted to MPEG-2 Video, Audio converted to 44,100 TMPGE - MPEG encoder
.Zip Karaoke
WMA Napster
Mp3 Audio

JUST TO CLARIFY MY FREEZES ARE NOT ON THE OUTPUT, BUT ARE ON MY SCREEN!!

Mensajes Fri 03 Mar 06 @ 8:47 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
You should divide your folder of 300 songs in subfolders with less files in each one: you will win in files listing

Mensajes Fri 03 Mar 06 @ 9:25 am
For all who may look at this topic, I highly recommend going through and scanning all your files prior to a gig. It makes the folders load faster. Also make sure you back up your VirtualDJ Database. The biggest reason I see is if you did like me and commented 10,000 songs and ran into an error, which I did, It wiped out my database and I had to start all over. It wasn't the softwares fault, It was mine I tried to do something I shouldnt have and pooof.

Mensajes Thu 09 Mar 06 @ 1:04 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)