Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Perfect Settings 4 Videos

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

DjCaliPRO InfinityMember since 2006
What is the best file to play videos

And what is the the best way to ripp them

let here it guys!!!!

i got VDJ 2 weeks ago in Vegas and i seen many different comments on how to rip and what extentions to use....

give me your input PLEASE!!!!!!

before i start ripping ALL MY DVD'S!!!!!

P.S. hows the ripper in the program

Thanks Guys i know you will help me out

Dj Cali "Spinnin Mp3's Like Vinyl"

and hope to do Videos!!!!!!!

Mensajes Thu 09 Mar 06 @ 3:59 am
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
After ripping thousands of videos to mpeg 1 VDJ started supporting VOB format.
I then began ripping with Smart ripper which can be found with a Google search quite easily.
Because of this I have never used the program ripper.
Smart ripper is very easy to use and requires no special codecs or settings beside "rip to chapters".
However, being the original file size they will run 180 to 200 mb in size and it adds up quickly.
The other benefit is the rip takes minutes not 4+ hours to complete and the quality is the same as the dvd.
There is loads of information of this type in the forum here.

Mensajes Thu 09 Mar 06 @ 12:14 pm
I rip my video to divx, as long as you have the divx codec installed (free) then vdj plays divx quite nicely, and it keeps the file sizes nice and small.

Mensajes Thu 09 Mar 06 @ 12:38 pm
DjCaliPRO InfinityMember since 2006
thanks guys keep them coming

Iknow there a lot more info out there

where's all the super Dj's that know about all the vdeos stuff

thanks...

Mensajes Thu 09 Mar 06 @ 5:36 pm
When I got here, I asked the same question. It seemed that most made their decision based on hard drive space. Since hard drives are becoming cheaper by the day, I don't care about carrying hard drives. I used to carry 6,600 CD's everyday, into the club. What's a couple of hard drives weigh? So I went with vob, and use smartripper. I have not tried the other formats, so I can't compare. Why do I have to do the same experiment over again? Others have already don it. I have not looked back.

Mensajes Thu 09 Mar 06 @ 8:51 pm
I agree, hard drives are cheap and why spend hours encoding videos when you can rip the dvd to the hard drive as a vob in a matter of minutes. No worries about what settings to use, no artifacts, just pure unadulterated quality. I currently have 1.5 TB available and will be adding another 2 TB this summer.

Mensajes Sat 11 Mar 06 @ 4:30 am
1. 5 tb?

wow.. is this on a mobile machine?
are they in a raid?

I currently am using cube style custom built machine. It has 4 hard drives in it. one for the OS (Raptor) and the others for the media (video and MP3's) It would be nice to have 1 to 2tb's of space for video.

Mensajes Sat 11 Mar 06 @ 10:06 am
All of the specs and pics are in my profile. I am going to be upgrading my 4U rackmount shortly to accomodate an additional 2 TB. It is a RAID 0 and at the time that the system was built, I utilized the largest availble RAID edition SATA drives that Western Digital had to offer. These drives are designed to handle the vibrations that are encountered in server rooms. These are similar consitions that are experienced in mobile and club djing.

Mensajes Mon 13 Mar 06 @ 6:23 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)